Deadline: October 30, 2015
Salary: $6,933 – $8,589/Monthly
Please direct all questions to National Testing Network Customer Support.Â Please DO NOT call the City of Huntington Beach directly.Â You may also send an email inquiry to email@example.com.
If you have not already submitted an application with the City of Huntington Beach for Firefighter Paramedic, please do so here. Application deadline is 10/9/15.
For all applicants that DID submit a City of Huntington Beach job application for Firefighter Paramedic, you must take the test by October 30, 2014.Â This position requires FireTEAM Testing and a valid CPAT or Biddle physical abilities test.
Please direct all questions to National Testing Network Customer Support.Â Please DO NOT call the City of Huntington Beach directly.
$6,933 – $8,589/Monthly
For full benefits information, select the “benefits” tab upon viewing the job bulletin at www.huntingtonbeachca.gov/jobs.
Department Information:Â The Huntington Beach Fire Department (HBFD) is staffed by 198 members, of which 144 are sworn and 54 are civilian. The HBFD also has 150 seasonal lifeguards to support its full-time staff. We provide Firefighter Paramedics with opportunities to gain exposure in a wide variety of fire service activities (e.g. hazardous materials, SWAT paramedics, fire prevention and arson investigation).Â We are proud to manage a regional fire Training Center and the City’s Emergency Operating Center.
City Information:Â Nicknamed “Surf City” for its beautiful wide beaches and consistently breaking surf, Huntington Beach residents enjoy a wide variety of outdoor activities, such as surfing, sailing, volleyball on the beach, cycling, kayaking and fishing.Â Our community features one of the largest recreational piers in the world, a marina, a wildlife preserve, an eight-mile biking, inline skating, jogging and walking trail along the Pacific Ocean and 8.5 miles of wide, spacious beaches where in the summer, large crowds gather to watch the special events.
Population:Â Â 199,189
- Age: 18
- US Citizen: Yes
- High School Grad/GED: Yes or equivalent
- Valid CALIFORNIA State Driver’s License: Yes
- JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- The following must be met by time of application:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least 18 years of age
- Possession of a valid California State Paramedic license OR a valid National Registry EMT-Paramedic Certification.
- Possession of Certificate of successful completion of Physical Abilities Test (PAT). Only CPAT or Biddle PAT, issued on or after September 28,2014, will be accepted.
- Must meet at least one of the following requirements by time of application:
- One year of continuous experience as a full-time paid firefighter with a Federal, state, county or local agency, OR
- Possession of a California Firefighter I Certificate; OR
- Graduation from a California State accredited Firefighter I Academy (minimum of 348 hours).
- The following must be met by time of appointment:
- Valid California Driver License
- United States Citizenship
- The following must be met after appointment:
- Candidates possessing a Paramedic Certification through the National Registry must obtain a California State Paramedic License by completion of HBFD Firefighter Paramedic Academy.
- American Heart Association (AHA) issued CPR for the Healthcare Provider card by completion of HBFD Firefighter Paramedic Academy.
- Orange County Paramedic accreditation within thirty (30) days of completion of HBFD Firefighter Paramedic Academy.
- California Class C Driver License with Firefighter Endorsement prior to completing probationary period.
Please DO NOT call the City directly. All questions should be directed to National Testing Network Customer support.
Applicants for this position are required to submit an on-line employment application, including required attachments, to the City of Huntington Beach by the recruitment deadline of 10/9/15, 5 pm PT AND schedule and complete job simulation testing with National Testing Network, Inc. by the testing deadline of 10/30/15, 10 pm PT. Applicants who fail to complete either of the above requirements by the deadlines provided will be disqualified from further consideration. For those applicants who previously took the job simulation test, your test score must be valid through 11/3/15 for this recruitment. For further details on the Cityâ€™s on-line employment application and required attachments, visit the job bulletin for Firefighter Paramedic at www.huntingtonbeachca.gov/jobs.
Applicants who obtain a passing score on the job simulation test and who best meet the Cityâ€™s needs will be invited to the oral board interview/practical exercise tentatively scheduled for December 7-10, 2015.
The City of Huntington Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COMPONENT / TENTATIVE DATES:
Application Filing Period: September 28, 2015-October 9, 2015.
Job Simulation Test (30% weight): Schedule and complete testing by October 30, 2015 at 10 pm. Candidate must schedule their own testing by going to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com.
Oral Board Interview (50% weight) and Practical E.M.S. Exercise (20% weight) December 7-10, 2015: The top candidates successful in passing the job simulation test will be invited to the oral board interviews. Candidates will also be required to complete a paramedic assessment which may include simulated emergency scenarios and/or job knowledge assessment exercises.
Employment Eligible List: Placement on the eligible list is comprised of the combined weighted scores from the written exam (30%), the oral board interview (50%) and the practical E.M.S. exercise (20%). Candidatesâ€™ final composite scores will determine placement on the employment eligible list.
Background Investigation: Conducted after placement on eligible list. A comprehensive background investigation will be conducted on all candidates considered for employment.
Current Vacancies: The City anticipates vacancies during the term of the list. The top candidates will be certified to the Fire Chief. These candidates can expect to hear from the Fire Department shortly after notification. The employment eligible list is valid for one year unless exhausted sooner. Additional names may be processed during the life of the list.
Conditional Offer of Employment:
- Upon conditional offer of employment, a pre-placement medical exam, including a drug screen, polygraph examination, psychological evaluation, and swim test will be conducted.
- Pre-Placement Polygraph, Psychological Evaluation, Medical Exam, Drug Screen and Swim Test: Conducted after passing background investigation and upon a conditional offer of employment.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.