Deadline: July 13, 2016
The online application and required documentationÂ must be submitted to IOS Recruitment by July 13, 2016 at 4:00 PM.
- $40.00 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. Citizen or an alien admitted for permanent residence or lawfully admitted for temporary residence who produces evidence of intention to become a citizen of the United States
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Valid driver’s license
- 21 years of age and less than 35 years of age at time of application deadline (7/13/16), unless otherwise provided by State or Federal Law, local ordinance or resolution
- Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) Certificate that includes Ladder Climb, current within the last calendar year from time of application deadline (7/13/16). Applicants that obtain a ranking on the final eligibility list and are notified of a conditional offer of employment whose CPAT certification card has expired may be required to successfully pass the test again, prior to advancing in the hiring process. Applicants are responsible for all costs associated with the certification. Cards accepted from all licensed agencies
- Illinois licensed EMT-P at time of hire (applicants enrolled in a State of IL IDPH approved paramedic program shall be allowed to complete the testing process. Applicants must provide proof of enrollment in the program by submitting a letter from the organization sponsoring their enrollment or by the course administrator, on their letterhead)
- Illinois State Fire Marshal certified Basic Operations/Firefighter II certification
Required Documentation (must be submitted to IOS Recruitment no later than 4:00 PM on July 13, 2016 – documentation NOT accepted via email):
- Consent and Release Agreement
- Copy of High School Diploma or GED
- Copy of Valid Driver’s License
- Copy of Birth Record
- Copy of CPAT/Ladder Climb Certification
- Copy of OSFM Basic Ops/Firefighter II Certification
- Copy of IDPH EMT-P License OR letter from organization sponsoring EMT-P enrollment
Orientation and Testing:
Candidates must attend the orientation and testing on Saturday, August 20, 2016. Please arrive noÂ later than 9:15 AM with a photo ID to sign-in. Test will be held at:
Ela Area Public Library
275 Mohawk Trail
Lake Zurich, IL
A minimum score of 70% is required to successfully pass the written examination. The subjective component of the examination will be weighted at 40%.
Preference Points will be awarded for Veteran Status, Education, Experience, Residency, and Additional Categories.
Application Processing Information:
When you have completed the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documents for submission to IOS Recruitment by the deadline (7/13/16 at 4:00 PM).
You are wholly responsible for the accuracy and completion of your application. Incorrect, missing, or otherwise incomplete applications will be cause for disqualification. Contact IOS Recruitment before the application deadline with any questions regarding application, required documents, or testing. Application fees are non-refundable.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.