Deadline: May 16, 2016
The Lemont Fire Protection District, Lemont, Illinois announces that it will establish an eligibility list for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic. Applications are avalible on line at www.lemontfirecom beginning Monday, May 2, 2016 through Monday, May 16, 2016. All completed applications must be filled in person no later than Monday, May 16, 2016. Applications are limited to one per person. A non-refundable $20.00 cash/check processing fee must be paid when application is dropped off.
- Age: Applicants must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of hire and under thrirty-five (35) years of age on the last day of submitting applications for original appointment unless otherwise provided by state or federal law.
- Vision: Applicants are required to meet visual acuity standards with uncorrected vision of 20/100 corrected to 20/30 binocular each eye. Applicants must be able to distinguish between colors and shades as required by the position.
- Medical Standards: Applicants are required to meet the medical standards adopted by the NFPA.
- Education: High School Diploma or evidence of a GED equivalence diploma
- Residency: Applicants must be citizens and residents of the United States for a period of one year prior to date of examination.
- Certifications: Office of the State Fire Marshal Illinois Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter Certification. Any Illinois EMT license to apply; at time of offer must possess a current Illinois Department of Health EMT-Paramedic license.
- CPAT/Ladder Climb: Current and Valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and Aerial Ladder Climb Certification dated one year prior to application deadline date. Certifications are valid if dated: May 16, 2015-May 16, 2016. At time of offer CPAT Certification must be within one year of the date of her/her CPAT examination or a new CPAT Certification will be required to accept position.
- Eligible Preference points: Veterans (5pts); Associates Degree (fire service related) (2pts); Bachelors Degree (fire service related) (3pts); Experience full-time FF or Paramedic (1/2 pt per year after 2 years not to exceed 5 pts); and residency within District (1pt)
- Conditional Offer of Hire: Upon receiving a conditional offer of hire, all candidates will be subject to and must pass a complete background check, physical and medical examination including comprehensive drug testing before being appointed. All candidates must possess a State of Illinois Paramedic Certificate (EMT-P) upon receiving a condition offer of hire.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.