Deadline: October 25, 2016
Salary: $16.82/hr â€“ $49,000 annually
Maitland Fire Rescue is currently hiring and forming an eligibility list for Firefighter/Paramedic.
You must be a fully certified FirefighterÂ andÂ Paramedic by October 25, 2016 and attend the department assessment on October 28, 2016 in order to be considered for employment.Â Â The Department will communicate with you via e-mail regarding other pertinent information.
STARTING SALARY:Â $16.82/hr â€“ $49,000 annually (based on a 56-hour average work week)
A one-time Certification Compensation totalingÂ $3,500
HOURS:Â Varying Shifts (56-hour average work week) 24 on/48 off
We are Internationally Accredited through CPSE and CAAS; we are an ISO Class-2 fire department established in 1926. Located in Central Florida, we are an all FF/PM Transport Department. We have two fire stations, 39 shift personnel and 6 administrative personnel.
We serve 17,000 residents, and a business population of 35,000, across 6.2 square miles. Maitland also provides Fire and EMS services to the Town of Eatonville.
- High School Diploma or equivalent as recognized by the State of Florida, Department of Education
- Possess & maintain a valid State of Florida Driver’s License
- Communicate effectively in English
- Must beÂ Tobacco Freefor one year prior to application
- State of Florida Firefighter II Certificate of Compliance
- State of Florida Paramedic License
- CPR Certification
- ACLS Certification
- EVOC (Emergency Vehicle Operations Course) 16-hour certificate
- VMR Ops
- VMR Tech
- CPR Instructor
- Associates Degree
- Probationary Period â€“ 1 Year
- Successfully complete orientation and probationary performance requirements as conducted by the Department
- Complete Paramedic Field Internship Training Program (FIT)
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life
- Retirement Plan is a defined benefit as set forth in Florida Statute 175. May have retirement eligibility after 20 years.
- Tuition reimbursement program of up to $1,200 per fiscal year may be reimbursed for qualifying formal academic education
- Firefighterâ€™s educational supplemental compensation
- Employee Assistance Program (Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Section 125 Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Supplemental insurance available from AFLAC and Colonial as payroll deduction
Our hiring assessment consists of Fire and EMS written and practical test, and interview board. Candidates
must have an acceptable driving record and past criminal history; pass a drug screen and medical examination; background reference checks; and water safety assessment.Â Must meet all pre-employment requirements in accordance with state and department standards.
For a copy of the job description, benefits packet and application go to our website atÂ http://www.itsmymaitland.com/employment_openings.aspx.
Please e-mail â€œRequired Certificationsâ€ and â€œPreferred Certificatesâ€ toÂ firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ or fax them to
THE CITY OF MAITLAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERÂ AND A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE.
AS PART OF OUR COMMITMENT TO A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE,Â FOR ANY POSITIONS DESIGNATED AS MANDATORY POSITION OR A SPECIAL RISK POSITIONÂ UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, JOB APPLICANTS ARE OFFERED EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONAL UPON SUCCESSFULLY PASSING A DRUG TEST.Â REFUSAL TO TAKE THE TEST, OR FAILURE TO PASS THE TEST ACCORDING TO MINIMUM STANDARDS, IS CAUSE FOR DISQUALIFICATION.Â ADDITIONALLY, IF YOU BECOME EMPLOYED WITH THE CITY, YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A DRUG TEST AS REQUESTED AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW.Â YOUR REFUSAL, OR FAILURE TO PASS THE TEST ACCORDING TO MINIMUM STANDARDS, WILL RESULT IN YOUR TERMINATION.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.