Salary: $5,685.03 – $7,261.36 Monthly
$5,685.03 to $7,261.36 / Monthly
56-Hour Work Week
This Salary Range Includes
(15%) PARAMEDIC BONUS
Plus $250 per month for Firefighter I Certificate or AA/AS Degree or 60 units
Or $400 per month for Firefighter II Certificate or BA/BS Degree of 120 units
A four (4%) percent pay increase is scheduled for January 1, 2020
A four (4%) percent pay increase is scheduled for January 1, 2021
APPLICATION FILING PERIOD
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
High school graduation or GED is desirable. Graduation from a State approved fire academy with Paramedic certification. One year of experience as a Paramedic with a private ambulance company or municipal fire department is highly desirable.
Basic knowledge of methods and principles of fire suppression, fire investigation, fire prevention, emergency medical response and hazard material control.
Understand and act in accordance with the Department policy, rules and regulations; learn a variety of firefighting, emergency service and rescue methods, duties and techniques; respond quickly to emergency situations and work under pressure; assist with fire inspection and prevention activities; interpret, explain and apply fire codes and regulations; learn and perform special assignments as delegated; understand and carry out oral and written directions; meet established standards of physical endurance and agility; effectively represent the fire service functions of the Department with the public; communicate effectively orally and in writing.
A COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKET MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
- A completed City of Montebello on-line employment application via NEOGOV.
- Picture Identification.
- Copy of State certified Fire Academy Diploma or Firefighter 1 Certificate (or State equivalent if not California).
- Copy of current California State Paramedic License (or, if not California, a State equivalent accompanied with a Current National Registry Certificate).
- A copy of your High School diploma or equivalent (highly desirable)
- Proof of successful completion of a Biddle Physical Ability Test or CPAT (dated within twelve months).
At time of appointment the successful candidate must have:
- A Valid California State Class C driver’s License
- A signed Non-Tobacco Use Statement
- Successfully passed all qualifying examinations, the City’s pre-employment physical, and extensive background check.
- Must successfully obtain Los Angeles County paramedic accreditation.
Prior to appointment, candidates must successfully complete all of the following:
- Background Investigation
- Medical Evaluation including Drug Screen
- Psychological Evaluation
- Proof of authorization to work in the United States
- Work History
- School Record
- Criminal Conduct
- Drug and Alcohol Use
- Driving Record
- Credit History
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.
Find More Jobs HERE!!