Deadline: September 1, 2016
Application Deadline: Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 4:00 p.m.
The online application and required documents must be submitted to IOS Recruitment no later than 4:00 p.m. on 9/1/16- no refunds for late submissions.
- $32 non-refundable application fee;
- S. Citizenship;
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent (GED) at time of application;
- Possess a valid driver’s license, which will be used for identification at all phases of testing;
- Be at least nineteen (19) years of age, but not older than thirty-five (35) years of age by the date of the scheduled orientation except as otherwise provided by statute. Note that the minimum age for appointment to the position of firefighter/paramedic is twenty-one (21);
- Attend orientation and all phases of testing;
- Obtain a passing score on a written test;
- Pass a polygraph test;
- Pass a thorough background investigation;
- Pass a medical examination and a psychological assessment and a functional physical evaluation;
- Be licensed as an Illinois EMT-Paramedic at time of appointment;
- Must have successfully completed the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) andÂ Ladder Climb ExerciseÂ within the one year period prior to the date of the written exam (October 1, 2016)
- Must meet all requirements of the Naperville Board of Fire and Police Commissioners and the State of Illinois.
Required documentation (must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. on 9/1/16):
- Online application
- Consent and Release AgreementÂ (1 page)
- Certifications and Licenses Form (1 page)
- Copy of high school diploma
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship – can include: U.S. County/State birth certificate, U.S. Passport, or Naturalization papers
- Copy ofÂ valid CPAT/Ladder Climb Certificate (dated 10/1/2015-10/1/2016)
- Three (3) Reference Letters
Orientation and TestingÂ Information:
Candidates must attend the mandatoryÂ orientation and written examination on Saturday, October 1, 2016.Â Please arrive no later thanÂ 8:00 a.m. with photo ID to sign-in. Testing will be held at:
North Central College – Wentz Hall
171 E. Chicago Ave.
Naperville, IL 60540
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application you willÂ receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation (listed above) for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. on 9/1/16.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.