Deadline: January 28, 2016
- $35 non-refundable application fee;
- At least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age as of February 27, 2016, unless the individual falls under one of the exceptions to the statutory maximum hiring age detailed in 70 ILCS 705/16.06b(c). Proof of date of birth is required;
- No Felony or Disqualifying Misdemeanor Convictions;
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED);
- A United States citizen at time of filing, formal application or must meet requirements of Illinois Human Rights Act for citizenship status;
- Valid Driverâ€™s License;
- Current Illinois or National Registry EMT-P (Paramedic) Certification by application deadline;
- Successful completion of the Candidate Physical Ability Test with Ladder Climb Certification conducted by a licensed agency within 12 months PRIOR to January 28, 2016. (CPAT cards and Ladder Climb Certification considered valid ONLY if dated between 1.28.15 and 1.28.16 No Exceptions.) Cards accepted from all licensed agencies.
- Must be of sound mental and physical health and meet all established standards;
- Must be able to pass written test, medical examination and drug testing, polygraph examination, background investigation, and psychological examination
Written Exam and Orientation:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examinations on SATURDAY, February 27, 2016. Please arrive no later than 8:45 a.m. with a photo ID (driverâ€™s license, state ID, military ID) to sign-in. Test will be held at:
Midwest Conference Center
401 W. Lake St.
Northlake, IL 60164
About the Fire Protection District:
The Northlake Fire Protection District was organized in 1941 and is located in suburban Northlake approximately 18 miles west of the City of Chicago and 4 miles south of Oâ€™Hare Airport. The service area is approximately 4 square miles. Â The District is considered a special district (not a department of the City of Northlake) and is supported primarily by the property owners within its boundaries, serving an estimated population of 7500. Â The District is governed by a three member elected Board of Trustees and a three member appointed Board of Commissioners.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.