Deadline: November 15, 2017
- $25.00 non-refundable application processing fee
- At least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age as of November 15, 2017 unless the individual falls under one of the exceptions to the statutory maximum hiring age detailed in 70 ILCS 705/16.06
- No felony or disqualifying misdemeanor convictions
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum of 60 semester hours from an accredited college/university
- U.S. Citizen at time of filing formal application
- Valid driver’s license
- Successful completion of the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and Ladder Climb conducted by a licensed agency within one year prior to the date of the written exam on December 16, 2017
- Current IDPH/National Registry EMT-P (Paramedic) license required by application deadline (IDPH specific license required by date of hire)
- Illinois Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter certificate issued by the Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM)
- Must be of sound mental and physical health and meet all established standards
- Must be able to pass a written test, medical examination and drug testing, polygraph examination, background investigation, psychological examination, and oral interviews.
Required Documentation due 11/15/17 at 4:00 PM – documentation must be mailed or hand delivered:
- Completed/confirmed online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of official/original college transcripts
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record
- Copy of valid CPAT and Ladder Climb certification
- Copy of valid IDPH or National Registry EMT-P license
- Copy of OSFM Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter certification
Orientation and Testing:
Saturday, December 16, 2017. Estelle Sieb Community Center – 7774 W Irving Park Rd – Norridge, IL 60706. Arrive no later than 9:00 AM with photo-identification to sign-in.
Application Process Information:
When you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 PM on 11/15/2017. Application fees are non-refundable.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.