Deadline: October 28, 2016
Salary: $62,154 Annually
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Village of Oak Brook, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of firefighter/paramedic with the Oak Brook Fire Department.
Salary:Â $62,154 (effective 1/1/15)
Population:Â 7,883 residents (note: an additional 80,000 to 100,000 daytime corporate/transient population)
Total Sworn Firefighters:Â 32 (includes the Chief, 3 Battalion Chiefs and 6 Lieutenants)
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Oak Brook:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions;
- Valid State-issued driver’s license;
- Minimum of 21 years of age and UNDER 35 years of age at time of application, except as otherwise determined by Illinois State Statute;
- High school graduate or GED equivalent;
- Paramedic License issued byÂ Illinois Department of Public Health by application deadline (October 28, 2016);
- Must possess and present a valid 2016 CPAT and Ladder Climb certificate by November 18, 2016;
- Must successfully complete a written examination and oral interview, if administered;
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
ApplicationsÂ MUSTÂ be submitted online by Friday,Â October 28, 2016 at 4:00 PM (CST).Â Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications willÂ NOTÂ be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline willÂ NOTÂ be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Orientation andÂ Written Examination Testing: Â Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following. Â Clear your calendar and make sure you are available on the following date:Â Â
Mandatory Orientation and Written Exam: Saturday,Â December 3, 2016 Â (Check-in begins at 8:00 a.m.)Â Chicago Marriott Oak Brook 1401 West 22nd Street Oak Brook, IL 60523
All candidates will receive an emailÂ approximately one week prior regarding their eligibility to continue in the process.
Important Disclaimer for Potential ApplicantsAs part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline.Â Failure to disclose complete and honest information may result in disqualification from the hiring process. Â Â How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.