Firefighter/Paramedic or EMT
Deadline: April 8, 2016
Pay Rate: $12.73—$14.18/hour depending on certifications. After successful completion of one year orientation period pay will be changed to: $14.79—16.245/hour depending on certification levels.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or G.E.D., Texas “Class B” Driver’s License
- Basic Firefighter Certification issued by the State of Texas Commission of Fire Personnel Standards
- Education and a Texas Department of Health Certification as an Emergency Medical Technician or a Paramedic certification.
- Preference will be given to those applicants with the highest/best combination of certifications.
Applicants selected to move forward in the process will be notified of testing date, time and place. Please refer to the position description for complete job details and requirements.
The deadline to submit an application for this position is April 8th, 2016 at 10:00am CST.
To apply for a City of South Padre Island available position you must submit a completed application form by mail, fax or email to:
The City of South Padre Island
Attn: Human Resources
4601 Padre Blvd.
South Padre Island, TX 78597
Fax: (956) 761-3888
City application forms are available on the City’s website at www.MySPI.org, located in the front lobby of City Hall, or requested by phone at (956) 761-6456.
External and City employees interested in employment with the City are required to submit a South Padre Island application form to the Human Resources Division during the specified job posting period. A separate application form must be completed for each position in which the individual is interested. A resume may be attached as supplemental information. Incomplete applications will not be considered for employment.
An applicant for employment is an individual who fully completes an employment application for a position that is currently open and who meets the qualifications of the position.
- An applicant must apply for a specific job on the City’s current vacant job list. The City will not accept applications for anything other than a current open, posted position.
- An applicant must submit a separate application and attachments for each position for which they are applying.
- All materials submitted for consideration will be considered the property of the City of South Padre Island and cannot be returned.
The City will reject incomplete applications, unsolicited resumes for non-posted positions and “any position” applications.
The City of South Padre Island is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The City strives to comply with state and federal laws regarding discrimination based on race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or political affiliation. In addition, the City of South Padre Island complies with all other state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in those areas where such laws apply. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
An employee or applicant for employment who perceives that he/she has been treated discriminatorily on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status should consult with or file a complaint with the Administrative Services Director at (956) 761-6456.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.