Deadline: January 7, 2016
- $40 non-refundable application processing fee (paid online before accessing the online application);
- U.S. Citizenship;
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED);
- Valid Ohio Driverâ€™s License;
- 18 to 31 years of age as of the date of appointment OR 31-35 years of age ONLY with prior Firefighter service in the state of Ohio;
- Applicants MUST have a valid Physical Agility Test Certificate from Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C) at time of application deadline or no later than the date of the written examination (1/30/16) for admission to the examination. Certificates considered valid only if issued no more than one year prior to the written test (1/30/15-1/30/16). All tasks in the physical agility test must be completed in 4.5 minutes or less;
- Ohio Firefighter II Certificate and Ohio Paramedic License at time of appointment.
- There will be a non-refundable $18.00 testing fee payable to the City of Painesville, 7 Richmond Street, P.O. Box 601, Painesville, OH 44077.Â Please mail or drop off payment at the Human Resources Department by December 11, 2015.
ORIENTATION and WRITTEN TEST:
SATURDAY, JANUARY 30, 2016
Harvey High School, 200 West Walnut Avenue, Painesville, Ohio, 44077, Room 101 â€“ Parking is available.
Sign up begins at 8:30 a.m.Â NO ONE SHALL BE ADMITTED AFTER 9:00 a.m.
Applicants shall bring nothing to the test site except:
- Driver’s License
- Certificate of successful completion of the Tri-C Firefighter physical agility test
PHYSICAL AGILITY TEST:
Applicants shall be required to successfully complete the FIREFIGHTER PHYSICAL AGILITY TEST GIVEN BY CUYAHOGA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (TRI-C), approved by the Northeast Ohio Fire Chiefâ€™s Association. At the time of the written test applicants must posses a valid certificate of having successfully completed the Tri-C Physical Agility Test. Applicants shall be responsible for taking this test, at their own expense, on their own initiative, prior to sitting for the written examination. The cost is sixty (60) dollars. Tri-C will hold open testing on December 13, 2015 and January 17, 2016. Certificates issued prior to the above date but within one (1) year prior to the test date shall be considered valid also. A time of 4 Â½ minutes or less shall be required to be considered successfully completed.
REGISTRATION FOR PHYSICAL AGILITY TEST:
Applicants should contact Cuyahoga Community College at (216) 987-5429 or (216) 987-5060 for information on registration. Please be advised that all testing must be Pre-Paid. You cannot pay the day of the test.
About the Fire Department:
The Painesville City Fire Department exists to serve the community of the City of Painesville. The departmentâ€™s mission statement is â€œTo Protect Life and Propertyâ€ and we take that seriously.
It is the goal of the department to be on scene at any emergency within 5 minutes from the time the department is dispatched ninety (90) percent of the time.Â To date the department meets this goal on average approximately only seventy percent (70%) of the time.Â The department is working to improve its response times.
The Painesville City Fire Department has an authorized staffing level of twenty seven (27) full time career firefighters and 10 part-time firefighters.Â The department is divided into three shifts with each shift having nine (9) career firefighter positions and one (1) part-time firefighter position.Â The department operates with a minimum daily staffing of six (6) persons.Â In Addition to the shift or line positions the department administration is staffed as follows; the Fire Chief, One (1) part-time Training Coordinator, one (1) part-time Fire Safety Inspector and one (1) part-time secretary.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.