Deadline: September 6, 2017
Salary: $60,742 Annually
- Applicants may order the practice “CEB Candidate Orientation Guide” by clicking the following link: http://www.fpsi.com/fire-candidate-orientation-guides/. The CEB Candidate Orientation Guide is a helpful tool to prepare for the exam and can be downloaded as a PDF file and saved or printed. Please read through the disclaimer on the order page in order to have a successful download. Payments will be submitted through PayPal via an account or credit/debit card. Once payment is submitted, PayPal automatically redirects you back to the FPSI site where access to the download link will be located on the Order Details-Checkout Status page. Applicants must pay close attention to ALL instructions on both FPSI and PayPal’s websites in order to access the instant download successfully!
- Mandatory Orientation Meeting – A general orientation about the profession and the recruitment process will be held on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 promptly at 7:00 p.m. (check-in begins at 6:30 p.m. Doors close at 7:00 with no admittance afterwards). The location of the orientation is at Freedom Hall, located at 410 Lakewood in Park Forest. A picture ID (drivers license is a preferable form) will be required to attend the orientation and your attendance is mandatory to continue in the recruitment process. In order to learn more about the fire profession, your spouse and/or “significant other” is encouraged to attend the orientation with you but his or her presence is not mandatory. Freedom Hall is located just west of the intersection of Lakewood Boulevard and Orchard Drive.
- Written Examination – The written test will be held Saturday, September 9, 2017 at Dining on the Green, 349 Main Street, Park Forest, IL. Candidates will be emailed regarding the testing time. A morning and afternoon session may be needed depending upon the number of applicants. A picture ID will be required to sit for testing.
- Board of Fire and Police Commissioner Interviews – The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners will conduct individual interviews. The number of candidates will be determined by the mean of qualified applicants + 10%. Interviews will take place between September 15 and September 30, 2017. Specific dates and times have yet to be determined. Candidates qualified to interview will be sent an email notice that will include the date and time of their scheduled interview. Candidates who do not meet the criteria will receive a letter indicating such.
- Process transparency – In compliance with statutory hiring requirements for Firefighters in the State of Illinois, public posting throughout the recruitment process will be made available at the Village’s website, www.villageofparkforest.com under Employment.
- Minimum requirements at time of hire – U.S. Citizen, 21 -34 years of age, valid driver’s license, High School Diploma or equivalent, Illinois Licensed Emergency Medical Technician certificate – Paramedic, Valid CPAT card with ladder climb
endorsement within 1 year preceding employment date, ability to pass a background check,
physical and psychological test. At this time there is no residency requirement.
- Starting Salary – $60,742
Please review all information about this testing process and complete all of the forms thoroughly before returning them. Failure to fully complete the application and provide the required information may disqualify you from participating in the testing process. Applications and required attachments must be returned to the address below prior to 5:00 p.m., Thursday, August 24, 2017.
Denyse Carreras, Director of Human Resources Village of Park Forest – Fire Recruitment 350 Victory Drive
Park Forest, IL 60466
Applications may be hand delivered, mailed or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to mail your application it must be postmarked no later than Thursday, August 24, 2017 and must have sufficient postage for delivery.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.