Salary: $12.80 Per Hour
The Bensenville Fire Protection District #2 is currently seeking qualified individuals for the position of part-time/ paid on premise Fire Medic, with a start date of October 1st, 2015. Applications are available at Bensenville Station 17 at 500 S York Rd, and at the Bensenville Fire Protection District website www.bensenvillefod.org
- Be between the ages of 18 and 47.
- Have high school diploma or GED.
- Be certified Firefighter II or Basic Operations Firefighter with the Illinois Office
of the State Fire Marshall.
- Be IDPH licensed EMT-P with ability to test into Loyola EMS system.
- Have current CPAT and Ladder. (Considered valid within one year of date of
- Have valid Illinois Driver’s License.
- Not have felony or misdemeanor convictions.
- Candidates will be responsible for district ambulances.
- Candidates will be responsible for patient care and completing all necessary
patient care report forms.
- Candidates will perform interior structural firefighting operations.
- Candidates will perform exterior structural firefighting operations.
- Work as part of the Districts Pub Education Program
- Candidates will report to the Battalion Chief while on duty.
- Other duties as assigned
- Starting pay is $12.80 per hour with salary increase upon successful completion of one year probationary period.
- Candidates will work 24 hour shifts, which will be filled by a shift bidding system based on seniority.
- Specialty certifications qualify for stipends after completion of probationary period.
- Continuing Education Programs
- 457B Retirement program
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.