Deadline: August 12, 2016
The Board of Fire Commissioners of the Plainfield Fire Protection District, Plainfield, Illinois, announces that it will establish an eligibility list for the position of firefighter/paramedic. Applications will be available on our website: www.plainfieldfpd.com and at our headquarters campus on Monday, July 18, 2016. Application must be returned to the Plainfield Fire Protection District Headquarters Campus located at 23748 West 135th Street, Plainfield, Illinois on the following dates:
Monday through Friday, July 25, 2016 â€“ August 12, 2016, from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. *The application period will close on Friday, August 12, 2016 at 3:00 p.m.*
All completed applications must be filed in person. There is a $30 (cash or money order/non-refundable) application fee and is limited to one application per person. If any personal information on your application needs to be updated, you are required to provide that information to the district.
First Stage â€“ Position Requirements
- Age: Applicants must have attained the age of 21 prior to August 20, 2016, and be under the age of 35 on August 20, 2016, unless the candidate meets a statutory exemption.
- Certification Requirements: Applicants must be EMT-P certified/licensed from the State of Illinois, and Basic Operations Firefighter (FF II) certified from the State of Illinois at the time of application. Applicants will be required to test and be accepted as part of the Silver Cross EMS System within 60 days of hire.
- Vision: Applicants are required to meet visual acuity standards with uncorrected vision of 20/100 corrected to 20/20 in the better eye and 20/40 in the poorer eye. Applicants must also be able to distinguish between colors and shades as required by the position.
- Education: Graduation from high school or evidence of a G.E.D. equivalence diploma and be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Residency: Any candidate appointed would be granted one (1) year to establish residency within the State of Illinois.
- Driverâ€™s License: Applicants must possess a valid driverâ€™s license both at the time of the application and the time of appointment, and must maintain during employment. Applicants will also be required to obtain a Class B non-CDL license during their probationary period.
- CPAT & Ladder Certification: Valid CPAT card and ladder certification at time of interview. Websites for obtaining your certifications: www.sufd.org or www.nipsta.org Note: You may obtain your CPAT at other locations.
- Testing Content: The testing process will include, but may not be limited to: a written examination & oral interview.
- Conditional Offer of Hire: Upon receiving a conditional offer of hire, all candidates will be subject to a background check (including State Police and Federal Bureau of Investigation records) and must pass a complete medical examination which may include comprehensive drug testing and a psychological test.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.