Deadline: November 13, 2015
Salary: $48,996 Per Year
Reedy Creek is conducting a hiring assessment in early December – interested candidates should submit their CPAT and FireTEAM testing results via NTN not later than November 13, 2015.Â
The department requires the candidate PHQ.Â You can access the questionnaire through your candidate account.Â The PHQ should be completed as soon as possible, so there is not a delay in your process.
Salary Range:Â Minimum starting wage is $19.63/hr ($48,996/yr)
Benefits:Â Annual leave and sick leave, paid holidays, group health insurance (medical, dental, & vision), disability insurance, Florida Retirement System, deferred compensation plans.Â Upon completion of New-Hire Orientation program, employees are assigned to a station and a forty-eight (48) hour work week, with Kelly Day (assigned day off).
Requirements for Out-of-State applicants:Â If you receive your Firefighter training in another state, contact the Florida State Fire College in Ocala to learn how to become certified in the State of Florida (www.floridastatefirecollege.org).
If you received your Paramedic training in another state, contact the State of Florida EMS Office in Tallahassee to learn how to become certified in the State of Florida (http://www.floridahealth.gov/licensing-and-regulation/licensing-ems-education/index.html).
Age: Must be at least 18 years old
US Citizen: Lawful to work in the US for unlimited duration
High School Grad/GED: Yes, or equivalency certificate issued by a State Board of Education.
Valid FLORIDA State Driver’s License: Must possess a Florida driverâ€™s license upon hire
Minimum Required Certifications (Prior to application):
- Current State of Florida Firefighter Certificate of Compliance
- Current State of Florida Paramedic Certificate
- Current Basic Life Support Provider card (American Heart Association or equivalent)
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support card (American Heart Association or equivalent)
- Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC) certificate (or equivalent)
- CPAT/FireTEAM Certificate
- Must be a non-user of tobacco or tobacco products for at least one year prior to application.
- Must continue to be a non-user of tobacco or tobacco products while on or off duty for the duration of employment with the department. (per F.S. 633.34 and as evidenced by a sworn affidavit of the applicant.)
- Must meet Reedy Creek Improvement Districtâ€™s appearance standard, which includes having a clean shaven appearance for gentleman (nicely trimmed mustaches are allowed), no visible tattoos, no piercings, no excessive jewelry, and no visible modifications to hair or teeth that appear unnatural.
- Must successfully pass a background investigation, driving record check, and a medical examination that includes drug testing.
Application Process: To be considered for employment as a Firefighter/Paramedic with Reedy Creek Improvement District, follow these steps:
PART 1 – Complete CPAT and FireTEAM testing
Prior to submitting an application for employment as a Firefighter, you must successfully complete both the Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) and FireTEAM assessments. The National Testing Network (NTN) offers both CPAT and FireTEAM; sign up at www.nationaltestingnetwork.com. Tests are offered multiple times a week, including Saturdays. During the registration process, make certain you select Reedy Creek Emergency Services as a recipient of your test results; upon completion of CPAT and FireTEAM tests your results will automatically be forwarded to us.
PART 2 â€“ Wait to be contacted by Reedy Creek Improvement District
Reedy Creek Improvement District will review CPAT and FireTeam results and contact candidates directly regarding an employment application. Employment applications are accepted only upon request from Reedy Creek Improvement District and must include supporting documents as detailed in the â€œRequired Certificationsâ€ section. All information provided on your application (as well as in all other phases of the employment process) must be true, accurate, up-to-date, and without omission.
PART 3 â€“ In-house testing
Reedy Creek Improvement District will review applications and successful candidates will be invited to move forward in the application process. Further information will be provided to those candidates at that time.
Evaluation of training and experience; CPAT (pass/fail; scores valid one year from testing date); FireTEAM (take assessment, no minimum score required); driving record check; background investigation; pre-employment medical exam including drug testing.
Contact Information: â€¨â€¨All inquiries should be directed to National Testing Network. â€¨â€¨Reedy Creek Improvement District DOES NOT accept inquiries except during periods of active hiring. â€¨â€¨Reedy Creek Improvement Districtâ€¨Human Resourcesâ€¨Patrick Midthunâ€¨Phone: 407-828-3806â€¨Fax: 407-828-2633â€¨E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgâ€¨Reedy Creek Improvement District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.