Deadline: May 6, 2016
Salary: $40,326 Annually
Riverdale Fire Department
The Board of Police and Fire Commissioners of the Village of Riverdale, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of firefighter/paramedic with the Riverdale Fire Department.
Current Starting Salary is competitive with the region – salary:Â $40,326
Full-time employment benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Vacation time within 1 year of employment
- Clothing and equipment allowance
- Tuition reimbursement
Sworn Firefighter Personnel:Â 15
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Riverdale:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions (Note: a misdemeanor or serious traffic offense may also disqualify applicants from further consideration);
- Valid state-issued driver’s license;
- Minimum of 21 years of age AND shall be under the age of 35Â by the application deadline dateÂ (May 6, 2016)Â unless exempt from such age limitation as provided in Section 5/10-2.1-6 of the Fire and Police Commissioner’s Act;
- Be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. equivalent;
- Possess a valid Paramedic License (EMT-P) issued by the Illinois Department of Public Health – (IDPH)Â (at time of application);
- Possess an OSFM Certificate Firefighter II -OR- Basic Operations Firefighter CertificateÂ (at time of application);
- Possess a valid CPAT and Ladder Climb Certification with any licensed agency,Â issued no more than 12 months prior to the written exam date (May 21, 2016) -AND- must be presented no later than the date of the written exam;
- Must successfully pass a written examination with a minimum score of 70% per section;
- Must successfully complete an oral interview;
- Must successfully complete a background investigation (applicants will be required to fully disclose all personnel matters, to include agreements and sealed files);
- Must successfully complete a psychological evaluation, polygraph examination, and medical physical (including drug and alcohol screening);
Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Preference points will be awarded as determined by the Village of Riverdale for the following. Â NOTE: Â Points awarded under this section shall not be cumulative.Â
- Military: Persons who were engaged in the military or naval service of the United States for at least one year, and were honorably discharged.Â A copy of Form DD-214 (indicating status of discharge) must be submitted with application to qualify; -OR-
- Educational Preference: Â PersonsÂ having successfully obtained an associateâ€™s degree in the field of law enforcement, criminal justice, fire service, or emergency medical services, or a bachelorâ€™s degree from an accredited college or university, may be awarded 5 points; -OR-
- Experience Points: Paid-on-Call FFII, Paramedics, or any combination of those capacities, of the municipality shall be awarded 0.5 points for each year of successful service in one or more of those capacities, up to a maximum of 5 points at the time of examination. Full-Time firefighters or firefighter/paramedics who were employed by fire protection districts or another municipality for at least 2 years shall have the same preference as paid on call personnel.
Submission of Application:
ApplicationsÂ MUSTÂ be submitted online byÂ Friday, May 6, 2016 at 4:00 PM (CST).Â Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications willÂ NOTÂ be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline willÂ NOTÂ be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Orientation andÂ Written Examination TestingÂ Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following:
Clear your calendar and make sure you are available on the following date: Â All candidates will receive an emailÂ approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process.
Saturday, May 21, 2016 – Check-in starts at 9 a.m.
Location: George Patton Elementary School
13700 S. Stewart Avenue
Riverdale, IL 60827
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:
As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline.Â Â For a complete list of required documents, click to the page titled “Summary of the Hiring Process” (this information is accessible prior to the payment page).
The Village of Riverdale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the continuing policy of the Riverdale Fire Department to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. Equal opportunity encompasses all aspects of employment practices to include, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, and discipline.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.