Deadline: February 10, 2019
Salary: $40,908.00 – $44,998.80 Annually
Performs responsible protective services by providing advanced life support. Supervises the rescue unit on call and serves as attendant in charge of patients. Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Works at stations responding to calls for emergency assistance, acting as attendant of the rescue unit on call or as firefighter on fire apparatus
- Provides emergency medical services using basic and advanced emergency life support and stabilization procedures at the scene of the accident or illness and during transport to medical facilities
- Performs rescue from life-threatening situations and assists in the protection of property
- Drives emergency vehicles and operates equipment
- Prepares and maintains records and reports on emergency responses and patient responses, including legal accountability
- Participates in training and education activities to keep informed and skilled in the latest techniques for advanced life support
- Engages directly in fire suppression activities
- Participates in fire, rescue and prevention training programs
- Monitors health, safety, and physical condition of personnel at fires or other hazardous sites
- Operates medical radio equipment
- Replenishes supplies and performs vehicle maintenance before and after calls
NON ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists in routine maintenance of building and grounds at assigned stations
- Provides emergency medical services training to schools, organizations and the public as requested
- Extensive knowledge of emergency medical care and advanced life support techniques
- Skill in providing emergency medical care and advance life support
- Good knowledge of firefighting techniques
- Thorough knowledge of the geographical layout of the County, including the street and road network
- Ability to supervise other emergency medical services personnel, often under hazardous and stressful conditions
- Ability to manage major emergency medical services incidents making appropriate decisions with regard to patient care
- Ability to work together with others as a team
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to complete complex incident reports
- Some aptitude for mechanical work.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.
Find More Jobs HERE!!