Deadline: December 15, 2017
Salary: $63,703 – $92,220 Annually
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Schiller Park is now accepting applications for the position of Entry Level Firefighter/Paramedic
Testing is being conducted for an immediate new hire and to establish an Eligibility List for an anticipated 6 new hires in the near future
The Schiller Park Fire Department is dedicated to rapid, reliable, compassionate professional service to the residents, tax payers and visitors of Schiller Park. They are committed to emergency medical care, saving lives and protecting property in their community.
All department members, resources, and activities are dedicated to providing the highest quality fire suppression, emergency medical care, and hazard abatement, together with aggressive code enforcement and effective public education.
The Fire Department will actively participate in the community, serve as role models, and strive to effectively and efficiently utilize all of the necessary resources at their command to provide a service deemed excellent by their community and their members.
Salary Range: $63,703 ~ $92,220
You must meet the minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Driver’s License: Must possess a valid Driver’s License at the time of application. Must have or be able to obtain an Illinois Class B Non-CDL Driver’s License.
- Age Requirement: Applicant MUST have attained their 21st birthday by the last date for filing applications (12/15/17). Applicants must be under the age of 35 years at the time of testing (1/6/18) unless exempt by Sate Statute 65 IL 5/10-2. 1-6 which provides, in part, that the age limitation does not apply to any person previously employed as a full-time firefighter in a regularly constituted fire department of any municipality or fire protection district located in Illinois.
- Education: Must have proof of High School Diploma, GED Certificate or High Proficiency Statement.
- Character: Must be of good moral character and be physically and psychologically suitable to perform the duties of Firefighter/Paramedic, both at the time of application and at the time of appointment.
- Certifications and Training: MUST be certified as an EMT-P by the State of Illinois at the time of application 12/15/17. Must be approved to function in the Loyola University Medical Center EMS System at the time of appointment.
- Residence: Persons hired as a Firefighter/Paramedic will have a one-year probationary period from the date of hire and must establish residency within the area bounded on the north and east by Illinois State line, on the south by Interstate 80 and on the west by Illinois State Route 47, within six months following completion of the probationary period.
- CPAT Card: Must possess a valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) Certification with Ladder Climb Exercise at the time of application, MUST have been issued between the dates of 12/15/16 and 12/15/17.
Applications will be available online until
Friday, December 15, 2017 ~ 2:00 PM
The application deadline is Friday, December 15, 2017 at 4:00 PM
(Note: this is not a postmark)
All applications must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
Attn: Schiller Park FD
200 W. Higgins Rd.
Schaumburg, IL 60195
It is highly recommended that you hand deliver or use a trackable courier for the return of all of your material.
We are not responsible for lost or delinquent applications.
Applicants must attend the mandatory orientation and test date
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination
Saturday, January 6, 2018
Registration starts at 7:30 AM
Orientation – 8:00 AM
Firefighter Written Examination immediately following the Orientation (there will not be a Paramedic written examination)
Village of Schiller Park Community Center
4501 25th Ave
Schiller Park, IL 60176
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Village of Schiller Park, which is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.