|South Holland Fire Department|
|Job Position Title:|
|Job Description Details:|
|Become a member of one of the premier Fire Department’s in the Chicago Southland Community. We are a community of faith, family and future with a workforce that embodies high ethical standards, responsiveness and a relentless pursuit of greatness. We are seeking persons who have high moral standards, are courteous and maintain strong ethical values and have proven commitment to professional firefighting.
• Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by April 15, 2021. No person who is 35 years of age or older shall be eligible to take the examination unless the person has had previous employment status as a full-time firefighter in a municipality or FPD located in Illinois or served as a paid-on-call or part-time firefighter for the five (5) years immediately preceding the time the municipality began using full-time firefighters. Birth certificate is required.
• Applicants must be citizens and residents of the United States. Proof of “Citizenship Status” as defined by US Citizenship and Immigration Services.
• High school diploma or evidence of a GED equivalence diploma.
• Valid State Driver’s License (required at the time of appointment).
• Applicants must possess EMT-B License at time of application, and EMT-P at time of conditional offer of hire.
• Upon completion of the 12-month probationary period, candidates must reside within twenty (20) miles of the Village of South Holland Municipal Building 16226 Wausau, South Holland, IL.
• Proof of successful completion of the Candidate Physical Agility Test (CPAT) and Ladder Climb conducted by a licensed CPAT testing agency is required by April 15, 2021. CPAT testing must have been completed no earlier than one (1) year.
• Passing score on FireTEAM test. This requires attaining a score that is at or above the median score for all applicants participating in the written test. Written test must be completed by April 15, 2021.
• National or Illinois Paramedic license obtained at the time of conditional offer of employment. Candidates are required to obtain Basic Certified Firefighter Certification from Illinois OSFM during their probationary period. Candidates are required to successfully test into Illinois Region 7 – South Cook County EMS System within three months of the conditional offer of hire.
Starting annual pay is $63,003.00.
Application packets must be completed and submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. CST on March 19, 2021.
|Job Opening Date:|
|Job Deadline Date:|