Deadline: May 5, 2017
Salary: $63,186 Annually
The City of St. Charles, IL, seeks enthusiastic individuals with a high degree of personal accountability and integrity to participate in a competitive evaluation process to establish an eligibility list for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic. The full job description can be viewed on the City website at www.stcharlesil.gov/jobs. Starting salary effective 5/1/17 is $63,186 with a competitive benefit package to include a medical, dental, vision, life insurance, deferred compensation, retirement savings plan, EAP with a work/life component, a comprehensive Wellness program, and much more.
Eligibility requirements for participation in the testing process consist of the following: • Must be a United States citizen
• Must have earned high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Certification as a Firefighter II/Basic from the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal as of May 5, 2017
• Licensure as an Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic (EMT-P) through the Illinois Department of Public Health as of May 5, 2017
• Age 21 years of age at the time of application and under 35 years of age when the final eligibility list is posted. (or as otherwise exempt from age limitation by statute)
• Successful completion of the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) by June 24, 2017 Certification shall not be more than 1 year old as of May 5, 2017
The employment application must be submitted online at www.stcharlesil.gov/jobs. Please thoroughly complete the online application first, and then submit the supplemental application and documentation. The required supplemental application is posted on the website in PDF format for printing purposes only and cannot be submitted electronically, which includes a list of required documents and additional forms to be submitted. Application materials should be submitted in person to the City of St. Charles Human Resources office no later than 3:00 p.m. Friday, May 5, 2017. Office hours are M-F 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and phone is (630) 377-4446).
Applications are only considered complete when the on-line application has been completed, AND the supplemental application, required documents, and forms have been received.
The following is a tentative schedule of the testing procedures:
- April 3, 2017
- May 5, 2017
- June 24, 2017
- July/August 2017
- August 25, 2017
- September 8, 2017
Deadline for submission of application/documentation/forms
Orientation and written examination Oral interviews
Posting of Initial Eligibility Register Posting of Final Eligibility Register
Dates are subject to change at the discretion of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners. Applicants are required to be present for all components of the testing process. Prior to hiring, successful completion of a background investigation is required. Post offer, the successful completion of a psychological assessment, physical, functional capacity evaluation, and drug screen are required.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.