Deadline: January 15, 2020
Your completed employment application, $15 application processing fee and all required documents listed below must be received no later than NOON, Wednesday, January 15, 2020. The application form, $15 fee and required documents may be:
- Mailed to Human Resources, 301 East Irving Park Road, Streamwood, Illinois 60107; or
- Returned in person, on business days between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., to Human Resources,
301 East Irving Park Road, Streamwood, Illinois, or
- Returned in person, on weekends and evenings, to the Police Station, 401 East Irving Park
Road, Streamwood, Illinois.
If applications are mailed or returned in person to the Police Department on weekends or evenings,the $15 application processing fee must be check or money order; if returned in person to Village Hall during regular business hours, cash, check, debit or credit cards are accepted.
The $15 application fee and following documents MUST be received:
- A completed, signed and dated Village of Streamwood Employment Application Form.
- A completed, signed and dated Village of Streamwood Fire Service Certification Form.
- A completed, signed and dated Village of Streamwood EMT/Paramedic Status Form with a copy
of your State of Illinois Department of Public Health Paramedic license OR National Registry Paramedic License OR a copy of your State of Illinois Department of Public Health Emergency Medical Technician / B license and a letter of good standing that documents current participation in EMT-P classes from your Paramedic Class Director/Coordinator on school stationary as proof of current enrollment in Emergency Medical Technician / Paramedic classes at an accredited degree granting college or university.
- A completed, signed and dated Village of Streamwood College Transcript Tracking Form and an original certified college transcript, in a sealed envelope, on tamper-proof paper, indicating successful completion of a minimum of sixty (60) semester hours of college credit from an accredited degree granting college or university as listed by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (www.chea.org) or the U.S. Department of Education (www.ed.gov.) Courses below the 100 course level or those from a trade school and/or technical school are not applicable toward the required college credit.
- A copy of a certified birth certificate issued by a unit of government (usually the state or county of your birth).
- A copy of all legal name change documents, if name is different from birth certificate.
- Proof of United States Citizenship (U.S. Birth Certificate, U.S. Passport, or Naturalization Papers).
- A legible copy of your driver’s license (with an identifiable photograph) which accurately reflects your current address.
- A current (issued within the past 12 months) Fire Service Joint Labor Management Wellness/Fitness Initiative Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) certificate with ladder climb exercise certificate. Candidates must also provide a current, valid CPAT certificate with ladder climb certificate at time of employment.
- A completed, signed and dated Village of Streamwood Preference Points Eligibility/Request Form, with the required documentation.
Applicants submitting incomplete employment applications, or application packets without the required documents, WILL BE DISQUALIFIED from the testing process and notified by mail.
Additional Employment Requirements
Applicants for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic must be at least twenty (20) years of age, but not have reached their thirty-fifth (35) birthday, as of the last date for filing of applications. Applicants must have reached their twenty-first (21) birthday, but not their thirty-sixth (36) birthday, by date of hire.
Upon appointment, Firefighter/Paramedics are required within one year to reside within the following boundaries: That portion of Illinois that lies North of Interstate 80.
The Written Examination will be given on Saturday, January 25, 2020. Applicants submitting the $15.00 application fee, complete employment applications, application packets with all the required documents and original certified college/university transcripts will be notified by mail of the time and location of the Written Examination.
Firefighter/Paramedic Hiring Process
The Streamwood Board of Fire and Police Commissioners will be preparing a 2-year eligibility list for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic, which will be used for the hiring of all Firefighter/Paramedics for that 2-year period. Firefighter/Paramedic candidates are offered employment based on their position on the Final Eligibility List. We currently have an opening and anticipate additional openings.
Firefighter/Paramedic candidates must successfully complete an extensive police background check, a reference check, a polygraph examination, a psychological examination, a physical examination which includes a drug screen, and present a current (issued within the past 12 months) Fire Service Joint Labor Management Wellness/Fitness Initiative Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) certificate with ladder climb exercise certificate before the final offer of employment is extended.
Village Web Site
Additional information on the Village of Streamwood and the Streamwood Fire Department can be found by visiting our web site at www.streamwood.org.
Questions Concerning The Application Process
Questions concerning this application process can be addressed to Human Resources, 301 East Irving Park Road, Streamwood, Illinois 60107, telephone: 630-736-3804.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.