Deadline: November 16, 2015
Salary: $38,765 – $41,317 Per Year
The Taylorville Board of Fire and Police Commission invites all eligible candidates to participate in the upcoming screening process to establish an eligibility list for the position of firefighter/paramedic. A POSITION IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE AND WILL BE FILLED WITH THE NEW LIST.
- US Citizen
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
- Must be 20 years of age at time of testing but must be 21 by date of appointment and less than 35 years of age unless the individual meets the exemption set by state statute.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony or certain misdemeanors, as defined by statute.
- Must attend the mandatory orientation and participate in and successfully complete all stages of the testing.
- Must be a certified paramedic or enrolled in paramedic training at time of hire
- Candidates must also have a valid CPAT card at time of hire
Sunday, November 22, 2015 at the Taylorville Fire Station 1 p.m.
Firefighter Eligibility Testing Application Packets:
- Available at the Office of the City Clerk, 115 N. Main st., Taylorville, IL, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday beginning Monday, October 19th, 2015.
- Completed appications MUST be returned to the Office of the City Clerk, 115 N. Main st., Taylorville, IL, no later than 4:30 p.m. on Monday, November 16, 2015.
- Please note there is a $25 non-refundable application fee that must be paid at the time the application packet is picked up.
- City of Taylorville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minority candidates are urged to apply.
- Questions may be directed to TFD at 217-824-2295
- Pensionable salary range $38,765 – $41,317
- Pension Benefits
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Vacation/sick/Personal Leave