Deadline: August 7, 2017
Salary: $43,063 – $59,532 Annually
THE CITY OF WARREN IS SEEKING QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE OR SEX FOR THE POSITION OF FIRE FIGHTER
Starting Salary $43,063/year, Maximum Salary $59,532/year
(After 5 years)
· Age 21 or older by the closing date for accepting applications
· U.S. citizen
· Possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
· Possess a valid driver’s license to operate a vehicle in the State of Michigan
· Possess a Paramedic License from the Michigan Department of Health
· Possess Fire Fighter I and II
At the time the eligibility list is certified, preference points will be added to a passing score for the following:
1 point-Certificate in Fire Science from an accredited college or university.
2 points-Associate degree or higher degree in Fire Science from an accredited college or university.
To receive preference points, you must provide an official (sealed by the school) college transcript.
1 point for service during a period of war or receipt of an expeditionary or campaign service medal during an emergency condition, with an honorable discharge. You must provide a copy of your Form DD214 to qualify.
Must also pass a:
· Written test administered by Empco Inc.
· An oral board interview
· Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)
· Background investigation
· Physical examination including drug screening and a psychological evaluation within the guidelines established by the City, as modified by current law
Applicants must create a profile, register and take the written exam to be administered by Empco Inc. Go to https://www.empco.net/testing to create a profile, register for the written exam and pay the exam fee. Applicants must complete the online profile and take the written exam by August 7, 2017.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.