Deadline: June 14, 2017
Thank you for your interest in the Watertown Fire Department for the Firefighter/Paramedic testing process. This memo describes our expectations of you during the application and testing process. Basically, it provides various reminders that will help insure your success.
- Return the completed application to the Watertown Fire Department no later than 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday June 14, 2017. In the case of mailing the application, it must be postmarked by June 14, 2017
- The completed application shall include the following documents:
- The completed Application For Employment as specified;
- A signed and dated Release of Information form;
- Military veterans may enclose a copy of their DD214 Long Form;
- A current resume with cover letter;
- Copies of all required certificates (Firefighter II, Paramedic, CPAT) driver’s license,
diplomas, etc., to verify qualifications for the position, and missing certificates would require explanation. Incomplete application packets may be refused.
- After the application is received, candidates will be notified by email of their status. Successful candidates will be contacted to take a written examination, based on fulfilling the requirements of a completed application, to determine eligibility for an oral interview. This test is scheduled for Wednesday June 28, 2017 at 6 pm or Saturday July 1, 2017 at 0900 at 106 Jones St, Watertown Wisconsin.
- A score of 75% or better on the written test is required in order to be invited to the interview process.
- The interview will be held during the week of July 17, 2017; times and date to be determined. The interview process will take place at Watertown City Hall at 106 Jones St, Watertown WI, 53094.
- After the interview a list will be complied and be presented to the Police and Fire Commission at the August 13, 2017 meeting. Candidates will be notified of the outcome of the application process after this date.
- Potential candidates must sign a “No Tobacco Use Policy”, pass a medical physical psychological test, and drug test before employment will be offered.
- All new Fire Department employees are on probation for twelve months following appointment and may be subject to residency requirements within 12 months of hire.
Questions on this or any part of the process can be directed to me at email@example.com or by calling 920-206-4243
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.