Deadline: March 16, 2018
Salary: $50,201 Annually
The Watertown Fire Department is currently accepting applications to establish an eligibility list for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic with the City of Watertown. The Watertown Fire Department is looking for energetic personnel that are dedicated to providing public service in areas of fire protection, emergency medical services, fire prevention, and public education. Starting salary for a firefighter/paramedic is $50,201 per year.
- U.S. Citizen
- 18 years or older at time of application
- Possess a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License
- Graduated from High School or have equivalency
- Pass written test and interview process
- Pass all medical and psychological requirements
Requirements at Time of Hire:
- Wisconsin Firefighter II certification (or ability to obtain Wisconsin certification through reciprocity)
- Wisconsin Paramedic license (or ability to obtain Wisconsin licensure through reciprocity)
City of Watertown Website http://www.ci.watertown.wi.us/employment_application.php to download application and instructions. Application Deadline is March 16, 2018.
- Application Deadline; Friday March 16, 2018
- Written Test; Saturday March 24, 2018 at 9 am
- Oral Interviews; the during the week of April 2, 2018
- List established; April 9, 2018
Please direct all questions pertaining to the application process to Fire Chief Kraig Biefeld at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 920-261-3610
- Return the completed application to the Watertown Fire Department no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday March 16, 2018. In the case of mailing the application, it must be postmarked by March 16, 2018.
- The completed application shall include the following documents:
- The completed Application For Employment as specified;
- A signed and dated Release of Information form;
- Military veterans may enclose a copy of their DD214 Long Form;
- A current resume with cover letter;
- Copies of all required certificates Firefighter II, Paramedic, CPAT, driver’s license, diplomas, etc., to verify qualifications for the position. Any missing certificates would require explanation. Incomplete application packets may be refused.
- After the application is received, candidates will be notified by email of their status. Successful candidates will be contacted to take a written examination, based on fulfilling the requirements of a completed application, to determine eligibility for an oral interview. This test is scheduled for Saturday March 24, 2018 at 0900 at 106 Jones St, Watertown Wisconsin.
- A score of 75% or better on the written test is required in order to be invited to the interview process.
- The interview will be held during the week of April 2, 2018; times and date to be determined. The interview process will take place at Watertown City Hall at 106 Jones St, Watertown WI, 53094.
- After the interview a list will be complied and be presented to the Police and Fire Commission at the April 2, 2018 meeting. Candidates will be notified of the outcome of the application process after this date.
- Potential candidates must sign a “No Tobacco Use Policy”, pass a medical physical, psychological test, and drug test before employment will be offered.
- All new Fire Department employees are on probation for twelve months following appointment and may be subject to residency requirements within 12 months of hire.
Questions on this or any part of the process can be directed to me at email@example.com or by calling 920-261-3610.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.