Deadline: May 18, 2018
Salary: $50,201 Annually
The Watertown Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic with the City of Watertown. The Watertown Fire Department is looking for energetic personnel that are dedicated to providing public service in areas of fire protection, emergency medical services, fire prevention, and public education. Starting salary for a firefighter/paramedic is $50,201 per year.
The Watertown Fire Department is a combination fire department with a service area of 101 square miles covering approximately 30,000 citizens. The fire department operates out of one station which is staffed with a maximum of 8 personnel working 24 hour shifts. The Watertown Fire Department responds to both city and rural emergency calls, uses a two paramedic service, and ran 2652 emergency calls in 2017.
• U.S. Citizen
• 18 years or older at time of application
• Possess a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License
• Graduated from High School or have equivalency
• Pass written test and interview process
• Pass all medical and psychological requirements
Requirements at Time of Hire:
• Wisconsin Firefighter II certification (or ability to obtain Wisconsin certification through reciprocity)
• Wisconsin Paramedic license (or ability to obtain Wisconsin licensure through reciprocity)
• Passed CPAT testing process
City of Watertown Website http://www.ci.watertown.wi.us/employment_application.php to download application and instructions. Application Deadline is May 18, 2018.
• Application Deadline; Friday May 18, 2018
• Written Test; Wednesday May 23, 2018 at 6 pm
• Oral Interviews; the during the week of June 4, 2018
Please direct all questions pertaining to the application process to Fire Chief Kraig Biefeld at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 920-261-3610