Deadline: January 31, 2016
The Â Board of Fire Commissioners will hold examinations for qualified persons to establish an eligibility register for the rank of Firefighter / Paramedic. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- At least 21 years of age at the time of written exam and not older than age 35 at time of application, unless applicant falls under one of the statutory exceptions;
- A U.S. citizen at time of filing formal application or must meet requirements of Illinois Human Rights Act for citizenship status;
- Must have or be able to acquire a valid Class B Non-CDL Driverâ€™s License prior to date of hire;
- Must have a minimum of high school diploma or GED certificate;
- Must have the ability to understand the English language, written and spoken;
- Must be a licensed EMT-B through the Illinois Department of Public Health at time of application. New employees must be licensed in State of Illinois as EMT-P (Paramedic) at time of hire.
- Must be certified as a Firefighter II / Basic Operations Firefighter in the State of Illinois at time of application or provide a transcript or certificate showing successful completion of a State of Illinois Firefighter II / Basic Operations Firefighter program;
- Must have CPAT Certification issued within a 12 month period immediately preceding the date of the orientation.
- Must possess a valid CPAT card at time of hire.
The Components of the testing examination will include the following: mandatory orientation, written test, physical ability test (CPAT), subjective evaluation (oral interview) and preference points. Candidates will also be subjected to a medical examination, drug test, background investigation, fingerprinting, security investigation, and background interview prior to finalization of the hiring process
Up to twenty preference points will be available to be awarded among the following four categories: experience, veteran, educational and paramedic certification. Applicants will be required to submit a notarized preference points claim form and other required documentation to be eligible to be awarded preference points.
The Mandatory Orientation is scheduled for February 15, 2014 at 9am. The written exam is scheduled for March 1, 2014 at 9am. Applications are available beginning on January 2, 2014 at 9am and must be picked up at the Wauconda Fire District Station #1, 109 West Liberty Street, Wauconda, IL 60084 Monday thru Friday between 9am and 4pm or by appointment. Completed applications must be returned to Station #1 by Friday, January 31, 2014 @ 3:00 p.m. For more information call 847-526-2821.
The Wauconda Fire District is an Equal Opportunity Employer