Deadline: February 5, 2018
NOTICE OF EXAMINATION
WAUCONDA FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT
The Wauconda Fire Protection District Board of Fire Commissioners will hold examinations for qualified persons to establish an eligibility register for the rank of Firefighter/Paramedic.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- At least 21 years of age at the time of written exam and not older than age 35 at time of application, unless applicant falls under one of the statutory exceptions
- A U.S. citizen at time of filing formal application or must meet requirements of Illinois Human Rights Act for citizenship status
- Must have or be able to acquire a valid Class B Non-CDL Driver’s License prior to date of hire
- Must have a minimum of high school diploma or GED certificate
- Must have the ability to understand the English language, both written and spoken
- Must be a licensed EMT-B through the Illinois Department of Public Health at time of application; New employees must be licensed in State of Illinois as EMT-P (Paramedic) at date of hire
- Must be certified as a Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter in the State of Illinois at time of application or provide a transcript or certificate showing successful completion of a State of Illinois Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter program
- Must have CPAT card issued within a 12 month period immediately preceding the date of the orientation
- Must possess a valid CPAT card at time of hire
The Components of the testing examination
will include the following:
- Mandatory orientation
- Written test
- Physical ability test (CPAT)
- Subjective evaluation (oral interview) and preference points
Candidates will also be subjected to a medical examination, drug test, background investigation, fingerprinting, security investigation, and background interview prior to finalization of the hiring process.
A score of 70% or higher on the written examination is needed to proceed and the top 20 (plus ties) of those candidates who meet the minimum passing score will advance to the interview component.
Up to twenty preference points will be available to be awarded among the following four categories: experience, veteran, educational and paramedic certification. Applicants will be required to submit a notarized preference points claim form and other required documentation to be eligible to be awarded preference points.
Applications are available beginning on January 3, 2018
at 9:00 AM and may be picked up at:
Wauconda Fire District Station #1
109 West Liberty Street
Wauconda, IL 60084
Monday thru Friday between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM
Completed applications must be returned to Station #1 by
Monday, February 5, 2018 @ 3:00 PM.
For more information call:
The Mandatory Orientation is scheduled for:
Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 9:00 AM
The written exam is scheduled for:
Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 9:00 AM