Deadline: October 14, 2016
Salary: $57,710 to $76,744 Annually
The West Dundee, Illinois Fire and Police Commission is accepting applications for the position of firefighter/paramedic with the West Dundee Fire Department.
Salary: $57,710 to $76,744 with excellent benefits plus annual holiday pay of $2,078 Population: 7,367
Sworn Personnel: 9 career and 30 part-time
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of West Dundee:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions;
- Valid state-issued driver’s license;
- Minimum of 21 years of age; not older than 34 years of age by the application deadline date
(October 14, 2016) unless the candidate has previous experience as a full-time firefighter in the
state of Illinois or is a veteran that qualifies under Illinois Public Act 97-0251.
- Possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent;
- Possess a valid Paramedic License (EMT-P) issued by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH)
-OR- be enrolled in an Illinois Paramedic Certification Training Program (at time of application);
- Certification by the State Fire Marshall’s office as a Basic Operations Firefighter (Firefighter II) (at
time of application);
- Provide a valid CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test Card) with Ladder Climb (at time of hire);
- Residency within 35 miles of the Village of West Dundee will be required within one year of hire;
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Applications must be submitted online by Friday, October 14, 2016 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Orientation and written examination will be conducted at 6:00 p.m. on October 25, 2016.
The Village of West Dundee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.