Deadline: December 9, 2016
The West Palm Beach Fire Rescue Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veteransâ€™ Preference to be requested at the time application is submitted.
Applicants with a disability who require an accommodation within the application/interview process should direct a request in advance to the Department of Human Resources.
The following is a list of items that are required to be uploaded and submitted along with an online City of West Palm Beach employment application. Copies of certifications and licenses must be valid at application closing date. Correct and timely completion of the application is a required step in the application process. Any applications not containing all information at the time of closing will be viewed as an incomplete application and will not be considered for employment.
- City of West Palm Beach online employment application
- City of West Palm Beach Firefighter Application Part 2 Tobacco Affidavit (Notarized)
- Firefighter as approved by the Florida Bureau of Fire Standards CPR Healthcare Provider Card
- State of Florida Paramedic or graduated from paramedic school by December 31, 2016
- CPAT (IAFF/IAFC National Standard) or Broward County Wide Ability test within six (6) months of application closing date
- ACLS Card
- Emergency Vehicles Operator Course (EVOC)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid State of Florida Driverâ€™s License. Valid driver’s license from any state (equivalent to a State of Florida Class E) may be utilized upon application; with the ability to obtain the State of Florida driver’s license on hire date.
- If applicable, attach documentation of eligibility for Veteranâ€™s preference (Form DD-214)
â™¦ Only attach requested documents. Additional licenses, certifications, education and resumes will be requested later on in the hiring process.
For your current status or for more detailed information on the status of your application check your iRecruitment Account.
Failure to complete any of the required steps below will disqualify your application. The selection process also consists of an evaluation of training, education, and a review of records.
Employment Application – Online.
Supplemental Application – Complete and attach to on-line application. Attention MAC Users: A Mac file or Mac-formatted disk cannot be read on a personal computer. As a result, please refrain from using the MAC application â€œPreviewerâ€ function when saving your supplemental application. In order for your application to be reviewed by our department, it must be saved in an appropriate format, such as Microsoft Word for Windows document (*doc) or converted to a Microsoft Word for PDF file. Supplemental applications submitted in any other format are not visible for application screening purposes and unfortunately, will not be permitted.
Screening of Application – Ensures each candidate meets minimum Posting requirements and standards.
Written Examination â€“ Based on the Essentials of Firefighting 6th Edition and Paramedic Care: Principles & Practice, Volume 1, (4th Edition).Â December 20, 2016 Time @ 2:00 p.m.
Mary V. McDonald-Wilson Center at Gaines Park
1505 N. Australian Ave.
West Palm Beach FL 33401
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.