Deadline: Open Until Filled
Salary: $55,292- $76,302
The City of West University Place is known as a Neighborhood City – providing our residents with world class services and being responsive to citizen’s needs. Located in the heart of the Houston metropolitan area, you’ll find state-of-the art equipment, a recently remodeled fire station and strong community support.
Typical Class Essential Duties:
- Responds to fire suppression, hazard mitigation, victim rescue, and medical emergencies; maintains readiness for emergency call response; extinguishes fires and performs related life and property protection; provides emergency medical care at a basic and advanced life support level.
- Ensures the proper condition, maintenance, and appearance of apparatus and equipment; prepares apparatus for immediate response.
- Prepares, maintains, and/or updates incident and other reports and documentation.
- Participates in training drills, safety checks, and physical fitness activities and exercise; and participates in/facilitates fire department programs or training sessions to educate staff and public on fire safety/prevention.
- Participates in the daily functions of the fire station, which may include housekeeping, cooking, and/or performing other related duties.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Minimum Education, Experience and Certification • High school diploma or equivalent • TDSHS EMT – Paramedic • Texas Commission on Fire Protection Basic Certified Firefighter • Valid Texas driver’s license • Must be at least 20 years of age Future Requirements Upon Employment • State of Texas Class B driver’s license • TCFP Driver Operator-Pumper
All applicants must complete and submit a City of West University Place application form to be considered for this position.
The City of West University Place is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.