Deadline: January 14, 2016 at 4:00 PM OR once 150 COMPLETED applications have been received
NOTE: The number of complete applications that shall be received and processed for this examination is limited to a maximum of One Hundred and Fifty (150) applications. The applications shall be dated and time stamped upon receipt and shall be processed in the order that they are received, provided that the applications are complete.
- $25 non-refundable application fee;
- S. Citizen;
- Valid driverâ€™s license (valid Illinois driverâ€™s license due at time of hire);
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) AND either (i) a certified copy of a transcript confirming successful completion of at least thirty (30) semester hours (or their equivalent in quarter or trimester hours) of credit from an accredited college or university listed in the United States Department of Education database or (ii) proof of at least twelve (12) months of active service in any branch of the United States military service (army, navy, air force or coast guard) with an honorable discharge or medical discharge;
- Basic Operations Firefighter Certification (or the updated equivalent classification) or Firefighter II Certification (or the updated equivalent classification) from the Office of the Illinois State Fire Marshal;
- Must be at least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age at time of application deadline (1/14/16), unless exempt by applicable state law;
- Must provide proof of successful completion of the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) with Ladder Climb Certification conducted by a licensed agency within 12 months immediately prior to written exam date (2/20/16) Cards accepted from all licensed agencies;
- Valid Illinois Department of Public Health Paramedic license at time of hire;
- Submission of online application and all required documents by 4:00 PM on Thursday, January 14, 2016.
PREFERENCE POINTS: Preference points will be awarded per applicable state law and Rules.
ORIENTATION AND TESTING INFORMATION:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on SATURDAY, February 20, 2016. Please arrive no later than 8:30 AM with a photo ID (driverâ€™s license, state ID, military ID) to sign-in. Test will be held at:
St. Joseph High School
10900 W. Cermak Rd.
Westchester, IL 60154
About the Fire Department: The Fire Department is comprised of 6 divisions and numerous committees.Â Officers lead divisions.Â Committees are lead by fire fighters.Â The Divisions of the department are: â€¨â€¨Training – responsible for initial and continuing education of the members of the department. â€¨â€¨Fire Prevention – Oversees the building and inspection of all commercial property in the community. â€¨â€¨Communications – Responsible for the maintenance of records, reports, billing, and communication systems of the department. â€¨â€¨EMS – Provides for the emergency medical service needs of the department and community. â€¨â€¨Water – Analyzes the capabilities of the Village water system, its components, and the fire department’s ability to provide the required water flow for fire emergencies. â€¨â€¨Maintenance – Oversees the maintenance needs of the fire department’s buildings, grounds, vehicles, and equipment.
The Westchester Fire Department is located in two facilities. StationÂ 25 is at 10240 W. Roosevelt Road. Station 26 is at 10760 Cermak Road.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.