Fire/Rescue Officer I (Firefighter/EMT-B)
Deadline: September 5, 2018
Salary: $37,681.28 Annually
The Greenville Fire/Rescue Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Fire/Rescue Officer I (Firefighter/EMT-B). This position works a 24-hour shift on duty, with two days (48 hours) off between shifts. Shift employees work an average of ten 24-hour shifts per month.
Note: This recruitment process is for certified applicants. See “Minimum Qualifications” section for required certifications and other minimum qualifications.
If you are not certified you may apply for Fire/Rescue Trainee that is currently posted.
Examples of Duties
The position of Firefighter/EMT-B for the Greenville Fire/Rescue Department requires the employee to play a multi-functional role. This role encompasses the many responsibilities required on the emergency scene as well as the daily tasks of maintaining a fire station, cleaning and inspecting equipment, and participating in training. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to: emergency and non-emergency response to Fire calls, EMS calls, Rescue calls, and other requests for service; facilities and equipment maintenance; pre-fire planning; public education; child passenger seat installation; and other duties as specified by the Fire/Rescue Department.
Education: Minimum of H.S. Diploma or GED
Age: must be at least 18 years old
• N.C. State Certified Firefighter Level I & Level II (or ability to obtain by reciprocity)
• N.C. State Certified Hazardous Materials Operations Level (or ability to obtain by reciprocity)
• N.C. State Certified Technical Rescuer (or ability to obtain by reciprocity)
• N.C. State Certified EMT-Basic (or ability to obtain by reciprocity)
Note: applicants may apply for transfer of certifications from another state if earned through an academy accredited by the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) or the National Board of Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board).
• NIMS 100, 200, 700, 800
• Firefighter Survival Skills
• Firefighter Rescue/RIT
• Must have a safe driving record and possess a valid, current driver’s license that is not revoked, suspended, or subject to limited restoration or conditional operation privileges.
• Be an United States citizen or a non-citizen who can provide proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States.
• Be of good moral character.
• Possess the mental, physical, and medical health to perform job duties.
The selection process will include a physical performance test, oral interview, background check, psychological evaluation, medical examination, and drug screen.
• Must obtain approval to function as an EMT-B in Pitt County by the Medical Director within one month from date of employment;
• Must obtain a N.C. Class “B” driver’s license within one month from date of employment.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.