Deadline: First 1,000 Applicants!
Salary: $39,314.08 – $65,068.22 Per Year
- County Residence:Â Reside within the corporate limits of Miami-Dade County at the time of application and until such time as employed by the City of Miami (current City employees excluded from this requirement).
- Age: Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age by October 16, 2015.
- Education:Â A standard high school diploma or GED.Â Foreign documents must have credential evaluations attached. Translations are not accepted in lieu of evaluations.
- Driver License:Â Valid State of Florida Driver’s (Class E or higher) must be maintained throughout employment.
- Certification:State of Florida EMT certification,Â a State of Florida Paramedic certification is accepted in lieu of a State of Florida EMT certification.
- Tobacco Usage: Per F.S.S. 633.34(6), applicants must be nonusers of tobacco or tobacco products for at least one (1) year preceding applicant for certification as a Firefighter, as evidenced by sworn affidavit.Â (Download at the City’s employment page).
- Medical & Toxicology: The medical examination will be conducted pursuant to current NFPA 1582 guidelines.
- Character:Â A thorough background investigation will be conducted on applicants given employment consideration.Â The background investigation shall include:Â 1) a criminal records check; 2)Â a driving records check; 3) verification ofÂ Â Miami-Dade County residency, or status as a City of Miami employee and 4) a check to discern whether applicants possess “good moral character” as determined under procedures established by the Division of the State Fire Marshall, Florida Department of Insurance.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.