Start working today to get a head start on the Chicago Fire Department written test that will be conducted on December 13th and 14th. In recent years there has been an upwards of Â thirty thousand applicants for the firefighter entrance exam. With the help of study guides and firefighter exam prep books you can increase your odds to make it to the next step, the oral interview and Candidate Physical Exam. Start working on enhancing your written test scores today by using one of these firefighter written test study guides. The Chicago Fire Department can be the most rewarding career choice you have decided to take. In recent firefighter exams the Chicago Fire Department hiring once every ten years.
We have picked out the five best firefighter prep guides to help you study for the firefighter written test.
- [amzn_product_inline asin=’1580629326′]Norman Hall’s Firefighter Exam Preparation Book-Guaranteed Top Scores on Your Firefighter’s Exam!Want to be a firefighter? Do you know what is involved in taking the exam? Don’t take a chance at failing a test you could ace–learn from the expert, Norman Hall. For more than a decade, Norman Hall’s Firefighter Exam Preparation Book has been the #1 test preparation book for prospective firefighters. Back by popular demand, Norman Hall has completely updated and revised this hugely successful book for this second edition, presenting new tips and time-tested methods for attaining the highest scores. Practice your skills using features such as tips on how to pass the physical requirements, practice exams with answer keys, memory aids to help you master the recall test, tables for self-scoring, insights on what a career in firefighting entails, and a discussion of the final interview. You will score 80% to 100% using Norman Hall’s proven system. If you don’t, your purchase price for this book will be fully refunded. See inside for details! Use Norman Hall’s Firefighter Exam Preparation Book, 2nd Edition to study hard and score at the top!
- [amzn_product_inline asin=’0972993487′]Â Smoke Your Firefighter Written Exam-(330 Pages) breaks down every phase of the written exam. Chief Lepore covers virtually every topic that you would be likely to encounter in an entry-level firefighter written examination. The book’s chapters cover each of the following: Spelling Practice; Reading Comprehension; Language Mechanics; Language Expression; Vocabulary; Mathematics; Mechanical Ability(with emphasis on: Hydraulics, The Inclined Plane, The Lever, The Gear, The Pulley and The Screw); Perceptual Ability; Spatial Relations; Finding the Hidden Geometry; Pattern Analysis, Matching Parts and Figures; Map Reading and more! Each chapter opens with a discussion on how to solve a particular type of problem followed by a series of sample questions and possible answers. However, Smoke Your Firefighter Written Exam goes beyond just providing practice questions and answers; it teaches the reader the basic rules and principles behind these questions. The reasoning behind each correct answer is presented in clear, easy-to-understand language, allowing the reader the ability to fully understand and solve each problem. Since most fire departments administer written examinations, it is imperative that an entry-level candidate is able to pass them. Smoke Your Firefighter Written Exam will help you maximize your score and help you gain the edge over your competition!
- [amzn_product_inline asin=’1438001312′] Barron’s Firefighter Candidate Exams, 7th Edition (Barron’s Firefighter Exams)-This revised and updated manual presents–A preliminary diagnostic exam with answers Five full-length practice exams typical of firefighter exams given to candidates across North America.All test questions answered and explained. Includes information on revised candidate exams (CPAT). General advice and information for prospective firefighters includes physical fitness standards, and learning to recognize and correct weaknesses in visualization, spatial orientation, and more.
- [amzn_product_inline asin=’0768937515′] Master the Firefighter Exam-Master the Firefighter Exam provides everything you need to pass local, state, and national written exams, including test-taking strategies, information on the firefighter screening process, expert oral interview and job search advice, and a review of the Candidate Physical Ability Test. 5 practice tests based on firefighter exams given throughout the United States. Review of Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) skill sets. The latest EMT, first aid, and crisis management requirements. Expert advice on acing the oral interview and information on psychological testing
- [amzn_product_inline asin=’1118094484′] CliffsNotes Firefighter Exam Cram Plan-Get a plan to ace the examâ€”no matter how much time you have left. Includes a diagnostic test to help you pinpoint where you need the most helpÂ Includes a two-month, one-month, and one-week cram plan. Full-length practice exam with complete answer explanations
Don’t pass up on this excellent opportunity of Chicago Fire Department hiring, they only test once every ten years. Good luck to all applying!