Deadline: July 3, 2015
Salary: $120,000 â€“ $139,513
- Have a proven successful background in Emergency Services/Fire Department(s) with increasingly responsible supervisory and managerial experience in a command capacity.
- Not be â€œtradition boundâ€ but a fire service professional who has the experience and reputation for being an innovator and capable â€œchange agentâ€ using forward looking approaches in providing fire and emergency medical services in the protection of life and property for the community.
- Have a minimum of five-(5) years of experience in a supervisory and/or managerial capacity. Must have or held an EMT license as well as worked in an integrated Fire/EMS organization.
- Have sufficient experience and ability to accurately evaluate operational performance, adequacy of staffing and appropriateness of organizational structure toward superior performance of the Department mission.
- Have experience and understanding of modern operation techniques, methods and practices relating to fire suppression, fire prevention and inspection, EMS, training, public education and administration.
- Have knowledge and experience in the area of personnel management, including recruitment, training, promoting, disciplining, and terminating employees in a unionized combination department.
- Have experience working with and effectively participating in contract negotiations and labor relations. Experience in creating and maintaining positive labor relations.
- Have experience in developing positive, cooperative, and supportive relationships with other fire departments and EMS facilities at the local, state and federal level.
- Have experience in preparing and controlling budgets and have a background in cost-effective administration of human and financial resources.
- Have experience in long-range planning and the establishment and implementation of goals and objectives.
- Have demonstrated ability to work effectively with elected and appointed officials and members of the general public.
- Must be able to work as a team with Village administration and other department heads.
- Be computer literate and knowledgeable about technology appropriate to emergency operations and activities.
How to Apply:
Candidates must apply by 5PM on Friday, July 3, 2015 with resume, cover letter, and responses to Fire Chief pre-interview questions addressed to Jeffrey D. Oâ€™Dell, Village Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Fire Chief pre-interview questions can be found at: http://www.roselle.il.us/DocumentCenter/View/2228.
Oops! We could not locate your form.