The Glenview Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the position of firefighter. Applications are available at recruitment.iosolutions.org until January 2, 2015. The application deadline is January 2, 2015 at 2:00 p.m. You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- $35 non-refundable application fee
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 21 to under 35 years of age by date of written exam (February 7, 2015), unless otherwise exempt by state statute
- Must be residents of and legally authorized to work in the United States (U.S. Citizen)
- Valid driverâ€™s license
- Submit proof that they have passed the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and Aerial Ladder Climb within ONE YEAR PRIOR to the date of the written examination (February 7, 2015);
- Vision correctable to 20/20 and free from color blindness
- Candidates must either possess a valid Illinois EMT-Paramedic license, or obtain an Illinois EMT-Paramedic license within eighteen (18) months of hire as a condition of employment.
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
Written Exam/Orientation Information:
Saturday, February 7, 2015
Glenbrook South High School
4000 West Lake Ave.
You are required to arrive at the testing location no later than 8:30 a.m. with photo identification (valid driverâ€™s license or State ID) to sign-in. NO LATE ADMITTANCE. The testing process will consist of two tests: 1) a traditional firefighter examination that assesses cognitive ability and behavioral characteristics and 2) a scenario-based skills assessment that assesses job-related skills.