The Huntley Fire Protection District will be conducting an open, competitive examination for the position of Firefighter.Â
SATURDAY, MAY 16, 2015
An application packet will be available beginningÂ March 24, 2015Â atÂ email@example.com.
Application deadline will be at 4:00PM onÂ Monday, April 27, 2015
Firefighter TestingÂ ProcessÂ
The following description is intended to serve only as a general summary of the Huntley Fire Protection District hiring process.Â
Elements of the selection process include: the online application process, written examinations,Â andÂ proof of completion of Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and Ladder Climb Certification.
Testing is typically conducted every two years.
When testing takes place, all individuals interested in becoming a Firefighter must meet the following requirements:Â
- $30 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. Citizen
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
- Valid Driverâ€™s License
- Must be at least 21 to under 35 years of age at time of application deadline (4/27/15), unless otherwise exempt by statute
- Must have anIllinoisÂ Basic Operations/Firefighter IIÂ Â Â Certificate issued by the Office of the State Fire Marshal
- Must have a valid and current EMT-Basic certificate(issued in Illinois)
- Must have a valid and current Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Paramedic License at time of conditional offer
- Valid CPAT and Ladder Climb dated no more than one (1) year PRIOR to application deadline (4/27/15).Valid CPAT and Ladder Climb also required at time of conditional offer.
- Completion and submission of online application and all required documents by 4:00PM on Monday, April 27, 2015.
Applicants are processed in subsequent steps as follows:Â
- Completion of online application and submission of all required documents.
- Proof of completion of Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and Ladder Climb issued within 12 months prior to application deadline date (4/27/2015).
- Mandatory orientation and writtenexaminations (5/16/2015).
oÂ Â Â Administration of National Firefighter Selection Inventory (NFSI) and an integrity assessment. NFSI will be weighted at 60% and integrity at 40% to produce a final composite score.Â Â A final score of 70% or higher is needed to proceed in the testing process
- An Initial Eligibility List of applicants will be established in numeric order based on a minimum passing score on the written examination and oral interview.
- The top 30 candidates will be invited to proceed to the oral interview (if there is a tie at the 30thranking, only 29 candidates will be interviewed)
- A pass/fail interview will be conducted by the Huntley Board of Fire Commissioners as part of conditional offer
- Candidates must be Illinois Paramedic IDPH at time of conditional offer
- Submission of proof of preference pointsat time of initial application: (Military:Â Â 5 pts.Â for minimum of one (1) year active military duty with honorable discharge, verifiable by copy of DD-214 (long form) showing honorable discharge;Â Experience:Â Â Â½ pt.Â per each completed year of service with the Huntley Fire Protection District as a part-time paid-on-premise firefighter up toÂ Â five (5) years maximum;Â 1 pt.Â for eachÂ Â two (2) years of completed service as a full-time firefighter up to a maximum of five (5) points (minimum certified Illinois Firefighter II/Basic Operations);Â Education:Â Â 1 pt.Â for Associateâ€™s Degree in any field,Â 2 pts.Â for an Associateâ€™s Degree in Fire Science,Â 3 pts.Â for a Bachelorâ€™s Degree in any field,Â 4 pts.Â for Bachelorâ€™s degree in Fire Science,Â 5 pts.Â for Masterâ€™s Degree in any field.)
- A Final Eligibility List which includes all preference points will be established.
- The eligibility list is valid for a period of two (2) years from the date of certification by the Board of Fire Commissioners.
Further participation in the selection process will take place as vacancies occur.Â Â Applicants will be invited, in rank order, to participate in and successfully advance through the following steps:
- Must gain approvalinto Provena St. Joseph HospitalÂ EMS System
- Background investigation
- Medical examination including drug screen after conditional offer of employment
- Interview conducted by Board of Fire Commissioners at time of hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer