Final Filing Date: June 5, 2015
Salary: $53,278.90 per year
Requirements: Minimum Requirements:
To be eligible to take part in the examination process for Firefighter, all individuals interested in becoming a City of Urbana Firefighter must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 21 years of age and under 35 years of age, unless previously a full-time Firefighter in Illinois as noted under state statute (65 IL 5/10-2.1-7.1), at the time of the written examination;
- U.S. Citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S. (Must meet I-9 requirements);
- Valid driver’s license (valid Illinois driver’s license at time of hire);
- High school diploma or equivalent;
Proof of completion of Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and proof of passing the Ladder Climb Test with any licensed agency issued no more than 12 months prior to the exam date. Proof of completion of CPAT and Ladder Climb Test must be provided by the application deadline. CPAT and Ladder Climb certification must also be valid at time of employment offer;
- No felony convictions; no misdemeanors which preclude service as a fire fighter by statute (65 ILCS 5/10-1-7.1(i));
- Completion and submission of online application and all required documents by June 5, 2015.
- Ability to satisfy Background Standards.
To Apply: There is no fee to apply. Your completed application must be submitted by Friday, June 5, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. CST. Before your application is considered complete, you must submit copies of the following: â€¢ Driver’s license (current and valid) â€¢ High school diploma or GED â€¢ Proof of successful completion of the CPAT and Ladder Climb by attachment to your application. You may attach additional documents that are directly applicable, such as licenses and certifications. DO NOT include: â€¢ Birth certificate â€¢ Social security card â€¢ Preference Point documentation. Elizabeth Borman email@example.com (217) 384-2459. CPAT Testing Information: For more information about the CPAT, visit our Firefighter Recruiting page at: www.urbanaillinois.us/firejobs/CPAT. >>DO NOT submit your application WITHOUT your CPAT and Ladder Climb certification! Your application will be marked as incomplete if you do. About the Test: The written exam will be held on Saturday, June 27, 2015 in Urbana. The written exam will count for 40% of your overall score. We will be using the Fire Selection Tool (FST) from SelectionWorks, which will consist of 200 multiple choice questions; you will have 2? hours to complete the test.You may wish to purchase a practice test and/or test guide to prepare for the written test. The FST may order either or both at: http://recruitment.iosolutions.org/Preparation-Materials/Fire-Study-Guides/ and are payable directly to the test vendor. The Practice Test is $10 and the Preparation Guide is $19.