Final Filing Date: April 23, 2015
Requirements: All candidates for the testing process and for appointment as probationary firefighter/paramedic must:
- Effective August 1, 2008, applicants for appointment to the Charleston Fire Department must be licensed as an EMT-B, EMT-I, or EMT-P under the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Systems Act. (65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-31)
- All applicants shall be under 35 years of age, unless exempt from such age limitations as provided in Section 5/10-2.1 of the Fire and Police Commissioners Act.
- Be at least 21 years of age as of April 23, 2015. Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Have no felony convictions.
- Possess a valid driversâ€™ license.
- Submit a completed application with no omissions.
- Must reside within Coles County within six (6) months of hire.
- Applicants must be licensed as a EMT-Paramedic under the EMS Systems Act (65 ILCS 5/10-2.1- 31) prior to hire.
To Apply: Applications are available at the Charleston City Hall, 520 Jackson Avenue, Charleston, IL. Postmark deadline for applications returned by mail is Thursday, April 23, 2015. Deadline for applications delivered to City Hall is close of business Thursday, April 23, 2015. There is a Twenty- five Dollar ($25) non-refundable application fee. Said fee MUST be attached to application packet.