Deadline: June 25, 2015
Salary: $60,784 Per Year
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age by July 25, 2015 (unless exempt by statute);
- S. Citizen and resident of the U.S. for a period of one (1) year prior to the date of the examination, July 25, 2015 (appointed candidates are granted one (1) year to establish residency within a 65-mile geographic area beyond the District boundaries);
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED);
- Valid Illinois Driverâ€™s License (Class B non-CDL) with a good driving record;
- Applicants must be licensed by the Illinois Department of Public Health as an Emergency Medical Technician â€“ Paramedic at the time of conditional offer of employment;
- Applicants must be certified as a Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter by the Office of the State Fire Marshal at the time of conditional offer of employment;
- Valid CPAT/Ladder Climb issued within one year prior to the date of the written examination, July 25, 2015.
- Uncorrected vision of 20/100, corrected to at least 20/20 in the better eye and 20/40 in the poorer eye, with the ability to distinguish between colors and shades as required by the position;
How to Apply:
- IOS Recruitment is managing the application process on behalf of the Orland Fire Protection District. Applicants will be required to purchase the application for a nonrefundable fee of $35. Please review this document carefully prior to purchasing the application. Should you have any questions, contact IOS Recruitment at email@example.com or 800.343.HIRE.
- Applications will be available from May 21, 2015 to June 25, 2015.Â All applications and required documents must be submitted to IOS Recruitment prior to 4:00 p.m. on JUNE 25, 2015 OR YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED INELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE in the testing process.Â You are wholly responsible for ensuring the completeness and accuracy of your application.
- You will purchase your application from IOS Recruitment by clicking â€œadd to cartâ€ for the Orland Firefighter Job Application above, and then by following the check-out screen prompts. The application package will contain instructions for completing the application and supplying all necessary documents. The application will be submitted online and you will receive a confirmation number; please save this number for your records.