Deadline: April 27, 2015
Salary: $60,652 Per Year
- Applicants must be 21 years of age at the date of the written test. No person who is 35 years of age or older shall be eligible to take the examination unless the person has had previous employment status as a full-time firefighter in a municipality or FPD located in Illinois or served as a paid-on-call or part-time firefighter for the five (5) years immediately preceding the time the municipality began using full-time firefighters. Birth certificate is required.
- Applicants must be citizens and residents of the United States. Proof of “Citizenship Status” as defined by the State of Illinois Human Rights Act will be required.
- High school diploma or evidence of a GED equivalence diploma.
- Valid Illinois State Driver’s License Required at the time of appointment.
- Illinois Paramedic license.
- Proof of completion of the Candidate Physical Agility Test (CPAT) conducted by a licensed CPAT testing agency is required at the time of application. CPAT testing must have been completed no earlier than one (1) year.
- Passing score on FireTEAM test.
- At the time a candidate accepts a conditional offer of employment he or she shall be subject to a background investigation. After a conditional offer of hire and the successful completion of any other conditions of hire, eligible candidates shall be required to submit to basic medical examinations, which may include psychological and comprehensive drug evaluations.
- Candidates will be expected to obtain member in good standing status within the Northwest Community EMS System during their probationary period.
- FireTEAM testing is available at the nationaltestingnetwork.com website.
How to Apply: Application can be downloaded on the Village of Barrington Web site at: http://www.barrington-il.gov/index.aspx?page=116. Applications are also available for pick-up between the hours of 7:00 a.m. â€“ 11:00 p.m. at the Public Safety Facility located at 400 N. Northwest Highway, Barrington, IL 60010.
Web Site: http://www.barrington-il.gov