Lateral Entry Firefighter/Paramedic
Deadline: No Deadline Given
Salary: $5,029 Per Month
- Have and maintain a current National Registry EMT â€“ Paramedic Certificate or a Colorado EMT â€“ Paramedic Certificate. If you have only a National Register EMT Paramedic, you must be able to see Colorado State reciprocity for your EMT â€“ Paramedic.
- Three (3) years of paid firefighter paramedic work experience within the most recent five years. A letter of recommendation from your current Medical Director will be required for application.
- Fire Fighter II Certification â€“ endorsed by the International Fire Service Accreditation College (IFSAC) or the National Fire Service Qualification Board (Pro-Qual).
- Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- Successfully completed the Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) no more the 12 months prior to the testing process*.
- Maintain a valid FireTEAM score using National Testing Network (NTN). **
- Be in appropriate physical condition and meet medical standards as established by the City of Colorado Springs Fire Department
- You must not have been convicted of a crime that would affect your ability to certify with the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT). Visit the NREMT website at https://www.nremt.org/nremt/about/policy_felony.asp that will preclude EMT certification