Deadline: September 6, 2017
Salary: $46,620 – $68,296 Annually
The Aurora Fire Rescue is looking for candidates with current or recent Public Safety experience. If you are self-motivated, self-directed, in good physical condition and believe in integrity, respect, professionalism, and customer service, Aurora Fire Rescue can offer you a career in a beautiful and growing city.
This application is for an academy start date of Monday August 7th, 2017. We anticipate opening new applications for a projected academy start date of January 2018 at a later date.
Examples of Duties
- Responds to fire, rescue and emergency medical calls for service including providing fire suppression, emergency medical treatment, and assistance to technical rescue teams as assigned
- Responds to and stabilizes incident area in hazardous materials incidents
- Designates and establishes safe medical treatment area for the assessment, treatment, stabilization and transportation of patients according to medical protocol and level of emergency medical certification
- Participates in training to maintain and upgrade current physical fitness, fire fighting and emergency medical skills
- Cleans, maintains, and inspects apparatus and equipment checks every shift
- Cleans, maintains and performs duties related to the maintenance and repair of fire station facility and equipment
- Responds to requests for public assistance for moving invalids, welfare checks, smoke and Carbon Monoxide monitor checks, blood pressure, first aid standby and bomb threats
- Provides fire safety, prevention, health assessments, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and First Aid training in the public schools or to other community groups upon request
- Resolves routine problems encountered in performance of work assignments
- Performs other related duties as assigned
For more information visit the AFD recruiting website.
Related experience for Lateral firefighter shall include service within a full service fire department which includes, but is not limited to:
- Structural fire suppression
- Emergency medical Services
- Fire prevention
- Public education programs
- Relevant military experience
- Medical Field
- Law Enforcement
- National Registry preferred but not required
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.