Deadline: June 22, 2018
Salary: $46,620 Annually
Aurora Fire Rescue is now hiring lateral firefighters to join a team that can do it all, and see It all. If you have 3 out of the last 4 years of paid Public Safety experience, ranging from EMT, Paramedic, Wildland, Volunteer (paid compensation), Military (EMT, Paramedic and Combat Medic), and/or Police (EMT), you may qualify to be a part of serving the safest large city in Colorado.
If you are motivated, self-directed, in good physical condition and believe in honor, duty and integrity, the Aurora Fire Department can offer you a career like no other.
Examples of Duties
- Responds to fire, rescue and emergency medical calls for service including providing fire suppression, emergency medical treatment, and assistance to technical rescue teams as assigned
- Responds to and stabilizes incident area in hazardous materials incidents
- Designates and establishes safe medical treatment area for the assessment, treatment, stabilization and transportation of patients according to medical protocol and level of emergency medical certification
- Maintain physical fitness, firefighting and medical skills
- Cleans, maintains, and inspects apparatus and equipment checks every shift
- Provides fire safety, prevention, health assessments, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and First Aid training in the public schools or to other community groups upon request
- Resolves routine problems encountered in performance of work assignments
- Performs other related duties as assigned
For more information visit the AFD recruiting website.
- Click here (Download PDF reader) for a list of minimum qualifications for a Lateral Firefighter applicants
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.