Deadline: October 15, 2016
Salary: $33,558 – $51,000 Annually
Fire Lieutenants at the University of Notre Dame are the primary source of fire protection, emergency medical services, fire prevention, fire detectionÂ and fire safety education for the Notre Dame community. Fire Lieutenants assist the Fire Captains in front line supervision of firefighters during theirÂ 24 hour shifts and in incident commander on all campus emergencies, and in the Fire Captainâ€™s absence, assume his/her responsibilities. The FireÂ Lieutenant must also be able to perform as a firefighter, which includes maintaining a constant state of readiness to respond to medical emergencies,Â reports of fires and activated fire alarms at the University of Notre Dame, St. Maryâ€™s College, Holy Cross College and surrounding areas. When notÂ responding to emergency calls, Fire Lieutenants assist in the following activities: inspection of buildings for fire code and safety violations, testing andÂ inspections of fire alarm systems, performance of maintenance on department equipment and the providing of fire safety education to students, staffÂ and faculty. Shall be considered University critical staffing.
- High school diploma orÂ GED
- 7 or more years firefighting experience
- Valid State drivers/operators license
- Firefighter 1 & 2 (or equivalent) certification
- Indiana Emergency Medical Technician-Basic certification (Must obtain IndianaÂ EMTÂ Cert. within 6 months of hire if certification is from another state).
- Hazardous Materials Operations Certification
- A.A.S or BA/BS in related field preferred
- Fire Officer I/II Certification
- Confined Space Rescue certification
- High Angle Rescue certification
- Trench Rescue certification
- EMT-Advanced certification preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please do not call the Notre Dame Fire Department for applications or updates. Please refer to nd.jobs for more information and to apply.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.