Final Filing Date: May 15, 2015
Salary: $36,868-49,484 Per Year
Requirements: 18 years of age at the time of application, high school graduate or equivalent, certified by the State of Ohio as a Basic Ohio Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and Paramedic at time of appointment, become certified as an Ohio Firefighter II within one (1) year of appointment and pass the written exam and physical agility test
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Â Must possess a valid Ohio Drivers License within thirty (30) days of hire and maintain the same as a condition of employment.
- Â Must have and maintain, as a condition of employment, Ohio required certifications in Emergency Medical Services as required by job classification.
- Â Must have Ohio Firefighter II Certification within one year of appointment and maintain the same, as a condition of employment.
- Must have or acquire and maintain Ohio Fire Safety Inspector certification.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Â High school diploma or equivalent.
- Â Preferably some experience as a fire fighter, or Emergency Medical Technician, or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Â Must maintain ability to operate under the Standing Orders issued by the Department’s Medical Director.
Written Test: Testing date for the written exam will be held on SATURDAY, JULY 18, 2015 at 8:00 a.m. at the Napoleon Fire Department, 265 West Riverview, Napoleon, Ohio 43545. Study guides are available from the test supplier at http://www.publicsafetycompass.com/study. Please visit the City of Napoleonâ€™s website for more information.
To Apply: Applications may be secured beginning Monday, March 30, 2015 from the City of Napoleonâ€™s Administration Building, 255 West Riverview Avenue P.O. Box 151, Napoleon, Ohio 43545, between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday or downloaded from the City of Napoleonâ€™s website, www.napoleonohio.com under Human Resources. A properly completed notarized application must be returned to the above address to the attention of the Civil Service Commission c/o Morgan Druhot with a copy of a high school diploma/GED (with graduation date). For additional scoring credit applicant must submit a copy of DD214, transcript verifying an Associate degree or higher from an accredited college or university and/or copies of certifications. All of these items should be submitted with your application no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 15, 2015. Successful candidates may be subject to drug testing, physicals or a background check (post-offer) as part of the screening and selection process.