|Palos Heights Fire Protection District|
|Job Position Title:|
|Job Description Details:|
|The Palos Heights Fire Protection District, Palos Heights, Illinois is testing for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic. Applications will be available from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, between April 22, 2019, through and including Monday, May 6 2019, (excluding holidays) at the Palos Heights Fire Protection District Office located at 12300 S. Harlem Avenue, Palos Heights, Illinois. A non-refundable application fee of $25.00 (cash or check) shall be due and made payable to the “Palos Heights Fire Protection District” at the time that the application is requested. Completed applications must be filed in the District Office no later than 4:00 p.m. on Monday May 6, 2019. Applicants must appear in person and supply proper state or government identification to file the completed application.
• Must be 21 years of age by May 6, 2019 and less than 35 years of age on May 11, 2019, unless previously employed as a full-time Firefighter/Paramedic.
• Must have Office of the Illinois State Fire Marshal Basic Operations Firefighter or Firefighter II certification at time of application.
• Must possess Illinois Dept. of Public Health Paramedic License by May 6, 2019. Must possess a High School Diploma or GED.
• Must possess a valid Illinois Driver’s License at all times. Applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
• Applicant must have a valid CPAT Card dated within 12 months of May 6, 2019, with Ladder Climb Exercise verified.
• Must have Office of the Illinois Fire Marshal – Fire Apparatus Engineer Certificate at time of appointment.
• Any candidate appointed would be granted six months after probationary period to establish residency within the District’s residency boundary of 50 miles from the District’s Administrative Office.
• Upon receiving a conditional offer of employment, all candidates will be subject to and must pass a complete medical examination including comprehensive drug testing and a thorough background investigation before appointment.
ORIENTATION AND WRITTEN EXAMINATION
• A Mandatory Orientation will be held at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 11, 2019 at the Fire District Headquarters located at 12300 S. Harlem Ave, Palos Heights, Il.
• The Written Examination will be held on May 18th at 9:00 a.m. at the Fire District Headquarters located at 12300 S. Harlem Ave. Palos Heights Il.
|Job Opening Date:|