Deadline: April 6, 2018
Salary: $20 Per Hour
The Homewood Fire Department will hold a National Firefighter Selection Test-Emergency Medical Services Test (NFST/EMS) to hire Part-Time Firefighter/Paramedics. To be considered for testing and employment, candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
- Possess a high school degree or GED
- Be a U.S. Citizen at time of application
- Possess a valid driver’s license which must be shown as identification at all phases of testing
- Must be 21 years of age at time of test, and less than 35 years of age at the time of test and at such time as the initial eligibility list is established, except as otherwise determined by State Statute
- Pass and/or successfully complete a written test, interview, background investigation and a pre-employment physical examination
- Must possess both an Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM) Firefighter II, AND Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Paramedic Certification at the time of test.
- Must possess a Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) certification at the time of test.
- Must fully complete all application paperwork; including attaching copies of certifications
- No residency required
The Village of Homewood Fire Department provides fire and emergency paramedic services to the entire Village of Homewood, which encompasses 51⁄2 square miles and includes approximately 20,000 residents, 5,500 homes and 700 businesses. The department employs full-time career and part-time firefighter/paramedic staff.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.