Deadline: December 31, 2019
To be considered for employment, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age at the time of application.
- U.S. Citizen
- Applicants must be certified by the State of Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal as a Firefighter II/Basic Operations
Firefighter at the time of application.
- Applicants must be licensed by the Illinois Department of Public Health as an EMT-Paramedic at the time of
- Valid CPAT/Ladder Climb issued within the 12 months prior to the application. CPAT/Ladder Climb must be issued by a licensed testing agency
Additional Elements Required To Fill Available Positions from Eligibility List
- Interview process determined by the Grayslake Fire Protection District.
- In-Depth Background and Security investigation.
- Medical examination (NFPA 1582)
Post-Qualifications for the position of FF/PM shall include the following:
- Maintain all certifications
- Valid Driver’s License appropriate to the position held. Any employee residing in Wisconsin shall maintain necessary
license as set forth by the Grayslake Fire Protection District. The cost shall be at the employee’s expense
Candidates will be required to successfully pass a complete personal background and security investigation which includesthe applicant’s employment history, references, educational background, credit history, litigation history, military record, driving record, neighborhood and community standing and service, and such other data and information pertinent to a proper review and analysis of the applicant.
All candidates must successfully complete a two-part comprehensive medical examination/evaluation and drug screen prior to employment. The medical examination/evaluation will be administered by a physician group designated by the Grayslake Fire Protection District that is capable of making a pre-employment judgment based on the NFPA 1582 “Standard on MedicalRequirements for Firefighters and Information for Fire Department Physicians.”
Offers of employment are made contingent on the successful completion of the pre-employment physical evaluation and drug screen. Failure to successfully pass the physical evaluation and drug screen will result in the withdrawal of the qualified job offer.
The Grayslake Fire Protection District will cover the cost of the medical examination/evaluation and is responsible for any element that pertains to the evaluation for the purpose of hiring a candidate.
Any questions can be directed to:
Grayslake Fire Protection District
Deputy Fire Chief Dan Pierre @email@example.com
160 Hawley Street, Grayslake, IL 60030 Main Phone – 847-223-8960
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.